[mythtv-users] Feature Request: Differentiate TV Shows From Movies

Jonatan Lindblad mythtv at comhem.se
Fri May 23 18:22:23 UTC 2014

On 2014-05-22 06:18, Fred Hamilton wrote:

<snip>

> Thanks for the various suggestions regarding sorting by production order rather than air date.  It finally prompted me to learn how to explore and edit the MySQL
> database.  As an experiment, I swapped episode numbers of two shows, but it didn't change the order it was displayed in MythFrontend.

You don't have to resort to the MySQL command line for changing the episode or season number of a video.  Hit E instead which brings up the metadata editor screen.

> Originally:
> 1x01 - The Man Trap
> 1x02 - Charlie X
> 1x03 - Where No Man has Gone Before
>
> After swapping the episode number, MythFrontend shows:
> 1x03 - The Man Trap
> 1x02 - Charlie X
> 1x01 - Where No Man has Gone Before
>
> So the swap took but didn't affect the order displayed.  I then swapped the releasedate and intid fields, but the list is still showing 1x03 before 1x01.  Where is the display order held / what is it controlled by?

Hit M, select Filter Display, and make sure Sort By is set to Season/Episode.  You might have to re-enter the video library after changing this.

Cheers,
Jonatan

PS: Please note that you should use bottom posting on this list, http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mailing_List_etiquette