[mythtv-users] Feature Request: Differentiate TV Shows From Movies

Fred Hamilton fred at yonkitime.com
Sun May 25 04:17:25 UTC 2014

On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 11:22 AM, Jonatan Lindblad <mythtv at comhem.se> wrote:

> On 2014-05-22 06:18, Fred Hamilton wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the various suggestions regarding sorting by production order
>> rather than air date.  It finally prompted me to learn how to explore and
>> edit the MySQL
>> database.  As an experiment, I swapped episode numbers of two shows, but
>> it didn't change the order it was displayed in MythFrontend.
>>

> You don't have to resort to the MySQL command line for changing the
> episode or season number of a video.  Hit E instead which brings up the
> metadata editor screen.

Thanks, that is a lot easier than editing the database!

> So the swap took but didn't affect the order displayed.  I then swapped
>> the releasedate and intid fields, but the list is still showing 1x03 before
>> 1x01.  Where is the display order held / what is it controlled by?
>>

> Hit M, select Filter Display, and make sure Sort By is set to
> Season/Episode.  You might have to re-enter the video library after
> changing this.

That worked - thanks!

> PS: Please note that you should use bottom posting on this list,
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mailing_List_etiquette

Noted - it won't happen again (I blame gmail :-)

On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 12:26 PM, jedi <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:

>     With a little script fu, you can automate the reordering for the entire
> run of a show. Feed it a list with what the data should be (as well as what
> the incorrect settings are) and let it ripe.

I'd be willing to try that, but I don't know where to start.  Is there an
existing script I should modify?  If I make my own, where do I insert it?
Thanks for any tips.

On Sat, May 24, 2014 at 12:36 AM, Sam Jacobs <samlists at ijacobs.co.uk> wrote:

> I’ve been reading this thread with increasing levels of
> bemusement—does nobody bother to *tag* their files?!

Usually after I rip a disc I have to manually type the filename anyway,
which is (usually) all Myth needs, so it never HAS occurred to me to tag
the files like I tag all my music files.  What do you use to tag you files?

Thanks for all the suggestions,
Fred