[mythtv-users] Problem controlling external tuners in new upgrade using mythtv V0.25.3

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Mon May 26 03:04:20 UTC 2014

On Sun, May 25, 2014 at 7:11 PM, Mark Perkins <perkins1724 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I've not read the log files yet and don't have a specific insight - but have
> you tried a 'delete all capture cards / video sources / channels on all
> hosts' recently and reconfigured capture cards / video sources / channels
> from clean? I've heard that errors in here (which may not be visible /
> apparent in the config screens) can cause weirdness.

It's worth a shot tomorrow.  I'll try anything at this point,
however... I am still running on Mythbuntu 10.04/MythTV 0.23
and when I test the Mythbuntu 12.04/MythTV 0.25.3 system I am running
mythconverg_backup.pl and then swapping out the O/S disk (which
includes the mysql database, too) and restoring the database with
mythconverg_restore.pl (with the --drop-database option -- that may
not be the correct syntax, but you get the idea).  I have an acquired
list of settings that then need to be updated like the order that
tuners should be used for recordings and Live TV, audio device
settings, etc., and then I can resume testing.  I feel like I've done
it so many times I could almost do all the keystrokes by memory. :(

Since that routine has fixed problems in the past for me also, it will
get a testing tomorrow, for sure.  I'll report back when I have news.

Thanks for the suggestion.

--
Craig.