[mythtv-users] Announcement: merge of devel/027candidates

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Tue May 27 13:01:58 UTC 2014

Hoi Rich,

Tuesday, May 27, 2014, 2:04:40 PM, you wrote:

> On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 11:44 PM, Karl Newman <newmank1 at asme.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 8:36 AM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hoi Tim,
>>> Does anybody know how this goes with availability on Gentoo. I just
>>> this weekend went over to 027 and I have an issue with watching
>>> ongoing recordings, which I seem to remember as one of the things
>>> coming by. The present gentoo version is p20140321.
>>

>> MythTV on Gentoo tends to lag quite a bit and updates come in bursts. You
>> might ping the current maintainer, Richard Freeman (he's on this list but I
>> don't know how closely he monitors it) and ask nicely for a package
>> update...

> I just happened to stumble on this thread (good timing).  Since 0.27.1
> is a pretty small delta from the current fixes branch (last version of
> that in Gentoo was from March), I can't imagine that it will take me
> long to get it out there.

> However, since my test system is my production system and WAF matters,
> don't expect any updates until the weekend.  You'll see them on my
> overlay for a few days before you see them in the main tree.  If there
> is interest I can put them out masked before I test them, but you'll
> be guinea pigs in that case as I'll only vouch that they build until I
> can update my front/back-ends.

> I don't always follow releases closely (I don't think there is a
> -announce list), so anybody is welcome to file a bug at any time to
> ping me.  Ditto if there is some set of fixes that would be
> particularly useful - my goal is to be close to monthly patches
> against fixes but I don't always keep up.

> Rich

Thanks, with the present Gentoo version I cannot watch ongoing
recordings. It just freezes and I had to restart mythfrontend.
Could you put it masked on the maintree or give directions to your
overlay. By the way, the present ebuild won't build with vaapi on
amd64. Which is not directly a problem for me, for I had it only
enabled for testing.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven