[mythtv-users] Problem controlling external tuners in new upgrade using mythtv V0.25.3

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed May 28 01:43:17 UTC 2014

On 05/27/2014 07:23 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 28 May 2014 08:25, Craig Huff wrote:
>
>> As I mentioned earlier in the thread, that's why I'm trying to upgrade
>> from 0.23.  :-)
> The only reason you need to go through 0.24 or 0.25 is to upgrade your
> mythtv database, you don't have to do anything more than starting
> mythtv-setup, let it upgrade the database quit and then install 0.27
>
> Spending time to get 0.25 working is a complete waste of time.
> You won't get much support for a start and there's been countless of
> improvement in 0.27

That said, you only need to go through 0.24 or 0.25 (or even 0.23 or
0.22) if you're upgrading from 0.21 or below.  0.22 and above can
upgrade all the way to current--and there's no benefit (but there are
potential disadvantages***) to installing a version between 0.23 and
current rather than jumping directly to current.

Mike

*** Because of changes to both MySQL and Qt-MySQL bindings, some of the
upgrade code in MythTV has been modified to work with current versions
of MySQL and Qt-MySQL.  The "in between" versions of MythTV are really
best used with the versions of MySQL and Qt-MySQL that were in use when
those MythTV versions were new.