[mythtv-users] Record types

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Fri May 30 04:07:07 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 8:54 PM, John J Tucker <mythtv at mythtv.org> wrote:

> On May 29, 2014, at 4:55 PM, John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 4:44 PM, John J Tucker <mythtv at mythtv.org> wrote:
>
>> Mark,
>>
>> I have looked there and none of the options appear to do what I want.  I
>> was hoping someone smarter than me would figure it out and let me
>> know....I'm stumped.
>>
>> adios,
>> jt
>

> The "This channel" filter should do what you want.  Like Mark said, you
> should find it under the Advanced Options section on mythweb (assuming your
> version of Mythweb is new enough).  Alternately, in mythfrontend, when
> editing a recording rule hit [M]enu and choose "Filter Options".
>
> Also, please in the future, bottom-post when responding to a message on
> this list.
>

> John
>

> Sorry,  The mail program I use posts at the top but your answer is not an
> answer.  I guess the "should" is really doesn't.  If you select either of
> the first two
>
> •  Record only this showing.
> •  Find and record one showing of this title.
>
> You get one and done (the schedule goes away)
>
> If you select the third
>
> •  Record at any time on any channel.
>
> and that is exactly what you get "any channel".  It doesn't matter what
> filters are set - you get [Any] in the database channel column
>

> Blue Bloods 0 [ Any ] Default Autodetect Default Always Default     0000-00-00
> 00:00:00
>
> Still looking for an answer.
>
> adios,
> jt

Yes, the channel will show [Any] on the schedules but with the "This
Channel" filter it will only record on that channel. That's really more of
a display issue with Mythweb where it wasn't updated when the filters
replaced some of the record rule types. Check your Upcoming recordings and
you should see the filter in effect.

Karl