[mythtv-users] 0.27.1 - applying DVD stream patch

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sat May 31 22:18:50 UTC 2014

Greetings all

I've been using the streaming DVD patch from Lawrence Rust for a couple of
years now but although it applies to 0.27.1 OK, it doesn't compile.

My c++ skills are somewhere south of zero so perhaps someone can create a
modified patch for 0.27.1

ringbuffer.cpp: In static member function ‘static RingBuffer*
RingBuffer::Create(const QString&, bool, bool, int, bool)’:
ringbuffer.cpp:183:39: error: cannot allocate an object of abstract type
‘DVDStream’
In file included from ringbuffer.cpp:21:0:
dvdstream.h:20:18: note:   because the following virtual functions are
pure within ‘DVDStream’:
In file included from fileringbuffer.h:5:0,
                 from ringbuffer.cpp:19:
ringbuffer.h:184:23: note:      virtual long long int
RingBuffer::SeekInternal(long long int, int)
ringbuffer.cpp:188:39: error: cannot allocate an object of abstract type
‘DVDStream’
In file included from ringbuffer.cpp:21:0:
dvdstream.h:20:18: note:   since type ‘DVDStream’ has pure virtual functions
ringbuffer.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void RingBuffer::run()’:

I can see that Seek has become SeekInternal in 0.28 and moved from public
to protected but these are terms don't mean a lot to me :(

Anyone?

--
Robin Gilks