[mythtv-users] backend MythCoreContext errors

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Fri Nov 7 20:45:55 UTC 2014

On 07/11/14 19:07, Phil Bridges wrote:
> All -
>
> I am working on a new Myth install. I noticed today that my backend's
> log has a whole lot of lines like this:
>
> ProcessRequest mythcorecontext.cpp:699 (GenMythURL) -
> MythCoreContext::GenMythURL(192.168.1.51/3806_20140517020100.mpg
> <http://192.168.1.51/3806_20140517020100.mpg>): Given IP address
> instead of hostname (ID). This is invalid.
>
> Obviously, the file names are different.  Where am I supposed to have
> a hostname that I have an IP address instead?

That's just a warning to let us know there is a potential problem
somewhere. All Myth URL's should be using the hostname not an IP address.

Do you know what you was doing at the time that warning appeared in the
log? That would help us to track down any remaining instances where an
IP address is used instead of the hostname.

Paul H.