My name is Andrew Williams, Business Intelligence Analyst from Widnes, UK.
Combined Front/Back - MythTV
- Asus K8N-SE (Socket 754)
- Athlon64 3200+
- 1Gb DDR RAM
- 20Gb Seagate UIDE HDD (not mounted)
- 200Gb Maxtor SATA I HDD (/mnt/mythtv - xfs) - lvm
- 250Gb Maxtor SATA I HDD (/mnt/mythtv - xfs) - lvm
- 250Gb Western Digital SATA II HD (/ and /mnt/vault - xfs)
- LG DVD±RW DL
- nVidia FX 5200 (S-Video Out)
- 2x Hauppage Nova-T (DVB-T)
- Gentoo 2007.0 with 0.21
- UK Freeview (DVB-T), Winterhill Transmitter (Rooftop "Contract" aerials).
The combined Backend/Frontend box can decode 1080i content without the use of XvMC, but it runs at around 60-70% CPU usage, possibly enough spare for pure DVB source recording.