On MythTV on Mac OS X you say "firewire support possible" for the macport version of MythTV.
Looking at the code for the portfile it sets the configure option --disable-firewire and the firewire option doesn't appear in the settings.
How does one enable firewire support on the macports version of MythTV?
I have a one-off version of the port that builds 0.25 with firewire enabled. The other necessary ingredient is Apple's Firewire SDK. As I read the license, it may not be distributed in any way and hence can't go on MacPorts.
Only a single user is running Firewire variant at present. Are you interested?
- I am interested. I have the Firewire SDK installed already. What program do you use to change channels with firewire? --Doconnor 17:51, 16 August 2013 (UTC)
- Contact me at ctreleaven at cogeco dot ca . I don't run a Firewire box, myself. There are several scripts on the wiki that might be relevant: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:Firewire_Priming_Scripts
Also, I see you wrote the HDPVR Capture on Mac page. I take it you are using it to record? I was wondering if `osascript` would make it possible for Myth to fire off the recording without having to involve Calendar. It is too bad the author of HDPVRCapture doesn't make at least a basic version freely available. I contacted him last year to ask about using his old command line version. He wasn't interested. WCT
- I fried my HDPVR by plugging in the wrong power supply, so I had to get a new one. The HDPVRCapture license is tied to the serial number of the HDPVR, so I would have to buy it again. Because of its instability and problems changing channels I've set up a Virtualbox mythbuntu install for recording instead. --Doconnor 17:51, 16 August 2013 (UTC)
- Sorry about the HDPVR. Are you saying it was unstable or that the Firewire box?
- HDPVRCapture was unstable. It crashed every day or so when idle and it often had long pauses between sending the digits of the channel number. I'm not sure how much is HDPVRCapture's fault and how much is Mac OSX's fault. --Doconnor 18:43, 16 August 2013 (UTC)