Release Notes - 0.26
0.26-release encompasses development revisions from [df47df3] though [TBD]
Key New Features
Add HTTP Live Streaming recorder [17c164a]
- Conversion of internal times to UTC. Stored times will be converted by the database update mechanizim. For example, tables
program, recorded, oldrecorded, recordupdatewill have their
enddimtesconverted to UTC. This should be of interest to daylight savings time users.
mythsyslogserver, a new system for handling all log requests. ZeroMQ is included in this release.
- Numerous HLS (HTTP Live Streaming) playback fixes.
- Add ability to override Bonjour's service name (
- Almost a complete rewrite of RAOP server, used for Airtunes/AirPlay.
- Added recording rule templates [71c65b]
- The formata of
config.xmlhas changed and
mysql.txtis no longer used. Example:
- Allow themes to customize caption/subtitle formatting [f13eeb0].
- Make the subtitle zoom factor into a live setting [0089f7d].
Added support libraries/prerequisites
Removed support libraries/prerequisites
Special Notices & Instructions
- MySQL must have time zone tables added, see MySQL_Time_Zone_Tables.
- If you need
- User scripts/tools that depended on
mysql.txtshould be reviewed. Since MythTV no longer uses
mysql.txt, its no longer updated. Scripts/tools could stop working.
- The (broken) "Expire in deleted order" setting has been removed [928135e].
- HLS users must use
- Note that a "DEPRECATED_608_TELETEXT" message will now appear in logs. Support for CEA-608 teletext captions is to be removed. The log entries will allow users to check whether they would be affected. Refs #10786 [7b1aef8].