Release Notes - 0.26
0.26-release encompasses development revisions from [df47df3] though [TBD]
Key New Features
Add HTTP Live Streaming recorder [17c164a]
- Conversion of internal times to UTC. Stored times will be converted by the database update mechanizim. For example, tables
program, recorded, oldrecorded, recordupdatewill have their
enddimtesconverted to UTC. This should be of interest to daylight savings time users.
mythsyslogserver, a new system for handling all log requests. ZeroMQ is included in this release.
- Numerous HLS (HTTP Live Streaming) playback fixes.
- Add ability to override Bonjour's service name (
- Almost a complete rewrite of RAOP server, used for Airtunes/AirPlay.
- Added recording rule templates [71c65b]
- The formata of
config.xmlhas changed and
mysql.txtis no longer used. Example:
- Allow themes to customize caption/subtitle formatting [f13eeb0].
- Make the subtitle zoom factor into a live setting [0089f7d].
Added support libraries/prerequisites
Removed support libraries/prerequisites
Special Notices & Instructions
- MySQL must have time zone tables added, see MySQL_Time_Zone_Tables.
- If you need
- User scripts/tools that depended on
mysql.txtshould be reviewed. Since MythTV no longer uses
mysql.txt, its no longer updated. Scripts/tools could stop working.
- The (broken) "Expire in deleted order" setting has been removed [928135e].
- HLS users must use
- Note that a "DEPRECATED_608_TELETEXT" message will now appear in logs. Support for CEA-608 teletext captions is to be removed. The log entries will allow users to check whether they would be affected. Refs #10786 [7b1aef8].
- Speed up loading of the Watch Recordings screen and the Previously Recorded screen by doing most of the buttonlist initialization in the background. The speedup is most noticeable when the screen contains hundreds or thousands of entries and mythfrontend is running on a relatively slow processor such as an Atom.
Key Bindings, Jump Points, and Input Devices
Guide Data, EIT, Program Info, and Media Metadata
- Upside-down videos taken on an iPhone are correctly flipped.
- An option is added to the playback OSD menu to allow an in-progress playlist to be cancelled.
ExactSeekingsetting (seek to exact frame) is removed, in favor of more adaptive, sensible behavior. When doing relative seeks, snap to the nearest keyframe if its distance from the target frame is within 10% of the total seek distance. When seeking within the cutlist editor, use a value of 50% instead. Exact frame seeking is always used for absolute seeks (bookmark seek, skips based on cutlist/commskiplist, preview generation), and for keyframe and single-frame seeking in the cutlist editor.
Disc Playback (DVD, Blu-Ray, etc) and Media Detection
OSD, EPG, MHEG, CC, and Subtitles
- Formatting of text-based captions and subtitles is put under theme control, via the new theme file osd_subtitle.xml. The
DefaultSubtitleFontsettings are removed.
Prefer708Captionssetting is removed. CEA-708 captions are now always preferred over CEA-608 captions (though CEA-608 captions can still be selected during playback).
OSDCC708TextZoomsetting is removed from the setup options and is now implemented as a live setting. The Subtitles sub-menu of the playback OSD menu has an option that allows the user to change the zoom setting for text-based subtitles during playback and see the effect immediately. Changes are immediately saved.
- A similar live setting is added for bitmap-based subtitles, such as in DVD/BD videos.
- Improved handling of forced subtitles, both at the track level and at the individual subtitle level.
- Track auto-selection is improved to take forced tracks into account.
- A complete set of CEA-708 fonts is provided.
- CEA-608 teletext caption support is deprecated and will be removed in 0.27. Note that this is different from DVD teletext subtitles and standard CEA-608 closed captions.