From MythTV Official Wiki
Revision as of 22:06, 14 December 2011 by Danellisuk
Hi, I'm Daniel Ellis from Kent in the UK.
My MythTV system consists of the following hardware:-
- Antec Fusion Remote Veris Black
- Antec 380W EarthWatts Green PSU
- Gigabyte GA-MA78LMT-US2H Motherboard
- AMD Phenom II X4 840 Socket AM3 3.2GHz CPU
- Corsair 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz XMS3 Memory
- Western Digital WD20EARS 2TB Hard Drive SATAII 64MB Cache
- Asus GT 430 1GB DDR3 DVI VGA HDMI Out PCI-E Graphics Card
- LiteOn iHOS104 4x BD-ROM SATA Blu-Ray Drive
- Xenta Wireless Keyboard
- KWorld PC1602T Dual DVB Tuner
- Ubuntu 11.04
- MythTV 0.24.1
Favourite theme is Blue Abstract
Big thanks to the MythTV developers and the whole Linux community!
- Ubuntu 11.04 sometimes hangs when shutting down, leaving the machine on after recordings. See https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lirc/+bug/824369 This is due to lirc freezing, for now I have resolved this issue by removing lirc from the shutdown process, which has zero negative affects and fixes the issue. The underlying issue is still to be determined.
- After shutdown the Veris remote fails to power on the machine. (this seems to be related to the above issue, as my workaround for that appears to have fixed this!)
- LCD backlight remains on after shutdown.
Nice to haves
- I would like a way to change exit prompt so that Yes is selected as default. Other people wanting to do the same at http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/305727 but no answer yet.
- MythVideo works flawlessly