I currently work as a Broadcast Systems Engineer for the BBC in Television Centre, London. In my spare time I throw myself down hills on a mountain bike, down caves on a rope and other silly pursuits... Involved with various IPTV projects and DVB multiplexing for the UK as well as European satellite operations.
Combined Front/Backend - Galahad
- MSI K8NGM2-FID
- Athlon64 3200+
- 512MB DDR RAM
- 320Gb Seagate Barracude SATA HDD (/ - ext3; /store - xfs)
- nVidia 6150 on-board (Component, DVI, Composite Out)
- 1x KWorld DVB-220RF Hybrid PCI (DVB-T/Analog/FM - Saa7134 chipset)
- 1x Kworld DVBS-100 PCI (DVB-S - CX88 chipset, currently unused since no access to satellite feed)
- Ubuntu Feisty with customised MythTV packages built from SVN head
- IRMan serial infra-red receiver (to be replaced with a UIRT2 when I build one)
Other systems on my network run a frontend which connects to Galahad as and when required.