[mythtv-users] MythTv on ReplayTv hardware?

Dan Ritter dsr-myth at tao.merseine.nu
Sat Oct 4 19:53:14 UTC 2008

On Sat, Oct 04, 2008 at 11:54:36AM -0400, Don Brett wrote:
> Has anyone tried to run the mythtv system on ReplayTv hardware?  I
> understand that Replay is actually running a Linux kernel, so ....maybe?

It's in the HowTo FAQ 23.17.

quote

No.

While it is true that the TiVo runs the Linux kernel, and TiVo
has released their changes to the kernel under the GPL, the TiVo
is not a general-purpose computer, and there is no programming
information available for the custom hardware contained within a
TiVo. TiVo is under no obligation to release the source code to
their application.

The ReplayTV runs VxWorks, a Real Time Operating System from
Wind River Systems.

unquote

-dsr-

You can't defend freedom by getting rid of it.