From MythTV Official Wiki
The gameplayers table stores information about each game player (i.e. console emulator) such as snes, xmame, and nes settings.
Table is current as of schema revision 1017.
- gameplayerid is a unique identifier for the entries in the table.
- playername is the name of the emulator.
- workingpath is the directory location to change to before launching the emulator. Blank is usually fine.
- rompath is the directory location of the ROM files for this emulator.
- screenshots is the directory location to any screen shots for this player.
- commandline contains binary and optional parameters.
- Description: Multiple commands are separated with semicolons. Use \%s for the rom name. %d1, %d2, %d3 and %d4 represent disks in a multi-disk game.
- gametype describes the type of game/emulator. This used mostly for informational purposes and has little effect on the function of the system.
- extensions contains the file extensions used with this emulator.
- Description: Multiple extensions are separated by commas, blank means any file under rompath is considered to be used with this emulator.
- spandisks means that items like game.1.rom, game.2.rom will be considered a single game.