- Make: LG
- Model: 42LD450
- Size: 42"
- Type: 1080p LCD display
- MythTV Version: 0.23-fixes (Debian)
- Graphics Card: NVidia 9500 GT (1G)
- Connection Type: DVI+SPDIF->HDMI
- Owner's Manual
- Viewable Screen size: 42.0" LCD
- Native Resolution: 1920 x 1080
- Response Time: 4ms
- Contrast Ratio: 100,000:1 contrast ratio
- Tuner: ATSC/NTSC/QAM
- Speakers: Two hidden 10-watt
- Horizontal/Vertical Viewing Angle: 178°/178°
No special setup needed, EDID is reported correctly on HDMI port and X defaults to the 1080p@60hz mode. A "Just Scan" aspect ratio mode is present for 0 overscan. A 24fps 1920x1080 modeline is also available through xrandr.
A hacker's dream. Standard interface with well documented commands all in the standard user's manual. Works out of the box on a Linux computer with serial port and nullmodem (reversed) cable and using terminal commands like:
echo 'kf 01 1a' > /dev/ttyS0
(sets volume to 10%).
It even acknowledges commands and allows queries:
cat < /dev/ttyS0 & echo 'kf 01 FF' > /dev/ttyS0prints
f 01 OKNNxwhere NN is the volume percentage (in hexadecimal).
Commands available to control every function including power on/off, and even emulate IR codes.
- Runs Linux w/ FFMpeg and others to display music and pictures on USB devices. According to manual, higher end LG models apparently can play back video as well at up to 1920x1080@30fps.
- Advanced picture and color controls available in menu
- VGA + PC audio connections available