MythNotification is a simple messaging protocol, added in 0.27 in addition to the MythMessage protocol
MythNotification, just like MythMessage listens on UDP port 6948, and currently accepts a single simple XML format.
<mythnotification version="1"> <text>%message_text%</text> <timeout>%timeout%</timeout> <image>%image%</image> <origin>%origin%</origin> <description>%description%</description> <extra>%extra%</extra> <progress_text>%progress_text%</progress_text> <progress>%progress%</progress> <fullscreen>%fullscreen%</fullscreen> <error>%error%</error> <type>%type%</type> </mythnotification>
Only message_text is required; all other fields are optional.
- Timeout accepts an integer value in seconds before notification disappear. System default is 5s
- Image contains a path to image to include in the notification; a URL, myth:// or absolute path are allowed
- Origin contains the notification's origin value
- Extra contains the notification's extra text value that would be displayed when a progress bar is showing
- Progress Text contains the text displayed in the notification when a progress bar is showing
- Progress contains a floating point value between 0 and 1 indicating the progression. 1 is 100%, 0 is 0%
- Fullscreen contains a boolean value (true of false) indicating if the notification is to be displayed in full screen
- Error contains a boolean value (true or false) indicating if the notification is an error one
- Type contains a string with the notification type. Allowed value: normal, error, warning, check, busy. If Error is defined, this value is ignored
To send the message to a single address, use bcastaddr parameter with that single IP.
Notifications can also be sent using the mythutil tool
Example: mythutil --notification --message_text "my message" --origin "mythutil" ----timeout 5 --bcastaddr 192.168.10.11
See also MythMessage for the older MythMessage protocol