Release Notes - 0.21
From MythTV Official Wiki
| Released 8th March 2008
Note: Please note that the following reflects changes for an old release of MythTV. The current release is 33.1.
These are the changes in the 0.21 release of MythTV. Some of these changes, most notably the fixes, have been backported to the 0.20.2 release.
Release notes updated through revision 
- Added support for AC3 pass-through audio with OSS drivers
- Added ability to record either the main audio, SAP audio (second audio programme -- an NTSC feature commonly used for secondary languages), or both (with recent ivtv drivers)
- Allow selection of dual audio track from the OSD menu instead of mute hack
- Added default devices for AudioDevice and MixerDevice select combo boxes for ALSA, Arts, Jack and Null audio out inspired by Mark Spieth's multi channel audio patch
- Allow volume and mute to be controlled from within the LiveTV guide.
- Actually mute ALSA output when volume on all audio channels is 0.
Captions / MHEG / Subtitles
- Added support for restarting the MHEG engine when requested by the broadcaster
- Added support for New Zealand MHEG profile
- Expanded the audio, video and subtitle properties that we understand for programme data. Now includes icons for Dolby, DD, Mono; Widescreen and different forms of Subtitling.
- Improved support for old US EIA-608 style captions
- Added ability to prefer old style EIA-608 captions over new style EIA-708 captions
- Added outline to EIA-608 captions when they are not on a black background and adds a bold font * * Improved HDHomeRun's QAM caption support
option for better visibility with low resolution streams.
- Remove HTML code from text file based captions
- Adds support for the new xmltv deaf-signing subtitle type.
EPG / EIT / Mythfilldatabase
- Added EPG support for Premiere's Optionskanaele
- Added initial support to the UK EIT fixup for the "Starring <actor 1> and <actor 2>, <year>" information that has begun appearing in the EIT data.
- Added support for the xmltv --capabilities and --preferredmethod arguments to mythfilldatabase.
- Allow European non-numeric freqid's to be added by mythfilldatabase.
- Added randomization of the mythfilldatabase runtimes within the desired start/end run window.
- Allow the user to set a mythfilldatabase run period where the max hour is less than the min hour, for instance if they want the run period to be from 8PM till 4AM.
- Use tv_find_grabbers to find XMLTV grabbers to use. Requires XMLTV version 0.5.43 or higher.
- Added EchoStar and Nimiq tv service type descriptors for digital recordings
- Added BBC Series link functionality
- Added option to disable active eit scan for DVB cards.
- Add a --refresh-day command line argument to mythfilldatabase.
- Various EPG Category fixes.
- Allow the order of channels in the EPG to be reversed.
- Grey out text of unavailable channels, yellows text of favorite channels in EPG.
- mythfilldatabase: Add another check criteria that will force mythfilldatabase to download data for a particular day. If the number of channels with at least one program between 6pm and midnight is less than 90% of the count for the previous day, a data refresh will be initiated.
- mythfilldatabase: Parse more information from the xmltv data, including HDTV, subtitle and audio details
- mythfilldatabase: Fixed category_type for grabbers that use [Ff]ilm in the category field to indicate theatrical motion pictures.
- Always keep last 7 days of programs in program table. --no-delete option in mythfilldatabase is now deprecated.
Channels / Tuning
- Added the ability to set the Commercial Detection method on a per-channel basis
- Attempt to re-record programs that are not recorded because of a channel change failure
- Added tuning of raw MPEG channels in HDHRRecorder
- Improved FreeboxRecorder's RTSP support so that other transport methods can be used and fixes some bugs in the M3U channel parser
- Added HDHomeRun channel scanning, cygwin compilation and broadcast on all routes (for finding device on network when multiple routes exist.)
- Allow an IP address to be used to reference an HDHomeRun device directly
- Added checks of dvb-utils imported channels before adding them to the DB
- Added an option in Set Recording Priorities to avoid back to back recordings from different channels
- Added support for polarity inverted Satellite dishes (2 reflector dishes).
- Added Malasyian analog TV frequency table
- Added Israeli CATV analog frequency table.
- Added generic (all channel) analog frequency table.
- Added external channel changer capability to IPTV recorder.
- Added Voltage and Mini DiSEqC switch types for DVB-S tuning.
- Added a new frequency table 'try-all', which tries all frequencies from 44 Mhz to 957 Mhz at 1Mhz intervals.
- Fixes tuning for DVB-S rotor setups.
- Improved scheduler decisions when two or more overlapping shows have the same priority where there are different input priorities.
- Improved performance of scheduler which should improve performance of Watch Recordings when recordings are deleted, stopped or started
- Updated --nosched command-line option to the backend to prevent only new recordings from firing off. It does not prevent the scheduler from running which allows for better debugging. Recordings not recorded during this time are marked as rsOffLine.
- Allow bookmarking LiveTV programs that are currently being recorded.
- Added an optional idle timer to LiveTV. If we haven't received any remote/keyboard input for X minutes then we show a dialogue asking if the user is still watching. After 45 seconds without any response, we exit LiveTV. If the user responds, then the timer is reset.
- Expand "action on playback exit" option to include Live TV
- Allowed the user to choose between displaying LiveTV programs as a group or individually by title when the LiveTVInAllPrograms setting is turned on
- Add "query liveTV", "query liveTV CHANID", and "query time" commands to the NetworkControl interface in mythfrontend.
Expire and Delete
- Add ability to "undelete" a recording.
- The 'Delete Follows Symlinks' feature now follows relative symlinks
- Add a couple new options for the "Auto Expire instead of Delete" feature:
- Force Expire after X days
- Expire in order the programs were originally deleted.
- Improved INFO menu with toggle buttons for AutoExpire and Episode Preservation
- Allow mythbackend's --printexpire command line option to take an optional hostname as an argument.
- Add a few improvements to the AutoExpire list on mythfrontend's status screen.
- Pressing '7' on the Recording Priorities screen allows sorting by last_record field
- Added option to sort the "All Programs" list differently from other program lists
- Added Watch List feature to Watch Recordings listing programs most useful to watch in order to catch up on series and shows you have fallen behind in watching.
- Added a factor for the Watch List based on the average number of hours that recordings are time shifted per recording rule.
- Tweaked Watch List scoring for better sort results.
- Added a setting to use the Watch List as the initial view on the Watch Recordings screen
- Prompt for database schema upgrades.
- Added code to backup the database before any schema upgrade.
- Check the MySQL version before attempting to upgrade the main DB schema.
- Improved UPnP compatibility.
- Allow turning off of UPnP support with --noupnp option on the backend.
- UPnP - Adds a method for grabbing video cover art.
- Add the date to the LCD.
- Add support for 1 line displays to mythlcdserver.
- Add Hebrew language support.
- Added Arabic language support.
- Various translation updates.
- Added support for QAM recording using HDHomeRun device. Requires firmware 21-09-2006 or newer.
- Power on a firewire connected recorder if it is off when interacting with it
- Added support for UDP, RTP and file stream handlers to IPTV recorder (formerly Freebox recorder)
- Various updates to ivtv recorder
- Added support for ASUSTeK MyCinema P7131 Hybrid card
- Removed pcHDTV V4L driver support. (Please use the DVB drivers instead.)
- Adds support for latest IVTV ioctl's for PVR-350 playback.
- Extended support for recovery from a EINVAL or EIO to v4l2 drivers
- Added CHANGERECGROUP keyboard binding in Watch Recordings to bring up the Select Group Filter box. No key is bound by default.
- Add a CHANGEGROUPVIEW keybinding on the Watch Recordings screen to allow directly popping up the Group View changer
- Use "5" key to move to the middle of Program Finder lists.
- Add keybindings for jumping to the top, middle, and bottom of the title and recordings lists on the Watch Recordings screen.
- Allow the PREVCHAN keybinding to act the same as JUMPPREV while watching a normal recording.
- Remove the ITV Menu context, Keys in this context clashed with those in TV Playback.
- Allow control of the number of pre-cached theme resolutions
- Add the ability to have a 'Preserved' flag icon on the Watch Recordings screen. No themes were modified to support this as it is up to theme designers to implement if desired due to the already large number of possible icon flags.
- Added a clock in the main menu screens - requires support in a theme's base.xml file - see 
- GANT theme improvments.
- Improved 'Status Icons' popup window so they all fit and add a menu item to show it in Watch Recordings.
- Display a preview image for OSD themes.
- Add themeinfo files for UI and OSD themes.
- Removes the hard coded base resolution and aspect ratio for OSD themes and uses whatever is specified in the themeinfo.xml.
- Add method to force a theme reload by sending a kill -USR1 to mythfrontend.
- Require Qt3.3 or later.
- Added an option to fine tune font sizes.
- Added a GUI Screen_size_setting_wizard for adjusting the GUI size/offset by means of moving arrows to screen edges.
- Fix Minimalist-wide problem with disappearing buttons.
- Migrate mythcontrols over to new mythui.
- Added Schedule Status to the System Status screen
- Add an option to run a script to add miscellaneous status information to the staus page returned by the BE.
- Added Storage Groups. This allows multiple recording directories, where each storage group is a list of directories.
- Added auto discovery of MythTV servers/frontends
- Added new 'watched' flag for recordings which can be set manually or automatically and optionally increase auto expiration priority for watched shows. Includes a new 'watched' icon in the frontend and in MythWeb.
- Improved Jump to Program feature while watching a recording. This action will now bring up the Watch Recordings screen for selection of the program.
- Added Custom Priority, an editor to create, test, install and delete specialized priority factors using power priority.
- Added Search Words->Stored Searches. This allows you to select a search stored from Custom Record with the convenience of a popup list and the view keys (Home and End) to cycle through all stored searches.
- Better caching of recording data on frontend for faster performance
- Added short commands for socket control of the frontend
- Added option for non-default MySQL port configuration using the DBPort option in the mysql.txt
- Added Last Recorded and Next Recording to Program Details screen
- Added '-v most' verbose option to show most debugging messages without showing excessively verbose options like database
- Added options for debugging events on the master backend
- Program Finder entries are now highlighted like the Watch Recordings screen
- Disabled convert filter -- broken
- Added multi-select option for selecting default view of Watch Recordings
- End of recording prompts changed to OSD prompts
- Added a --clearcache command line argument to mythbackend that will trigger a CLEAR_SETTINGS_CACHE event to be sent out to all connected programs
- Added support for virtual keyboards in comboboxes
- Added a new setting under Setup -> TV Settings -> Playback to allow the user to force Myth to prefer to stream files from a remote backend
- Added ability to request a Preview Image of any size and time within the file using the XML method getPreviewImage
- Added the ability to save a PNG file of the currently displayed video frame by using the SCREENSHOT keybinding or the "play save screenshot FILENAME WxH" command in the Network Control socket interface.
- Added a dupin option for "Record new episode first showings"
- Added the DETAILS button on the Recording Priorities page to show program details.
- Added the ability to capture MPEG-2 video from the go7007 driver.
- Added a way to defer auto-transcode jobs so that they can be automatically scheduled for days after the original recording completes rather than immediately after.
- Only take recordings that will be recorded into account when determining how we were started and whether it is safe to shutdown.
- Allow the shutdown/exit menu to be configurable.
- Many improvements to the internal player especially when playing DVDs.
- Adds Video Profiles and a Video Profiles Editor to Playback config. This allows you to use different rendering methods and deinterlacer options for different video resolutions.
- Adds an accelerated playback "DVDV" for OS X.
- Fixes segfault in channel scanner caused by usage unsafe QDialog handling.
- Adds auto discovery of master backend servers to mythfrontend.
- Adds 14:9 aspect ratio to overrides.
- Adds aspect override to manual zoom mode, use the ch+/ch- keys to change aspect.
- Speed up reschedules by caching some data used by the schedular.
- Various MediaMonitor fixes/improvements.
- Make some changes that help to reduce power consumption in both MythFrontend and MythWelcome.
- Add MythStream menu entries to the classic menu layout
- Change the format of the text displayed in the OSD for 'extendedstatustext' elements to be like "
- Improve searching for movies based on star ratings.
- Add a log rotation handler to mythfrontend.
- Remove libsensors dependency.
- Adds Gnome screensaver support.
- Restore the mute state after swapping the PIP.
- On the view scheduled recordings screen if there are conflicting recordings change the color of the conflicting message and indicate the date of the first conflict.
- Allow the color of the letterboxing borders to be changed (black or grey).
- Allow jump points that don't return to the main menu before jumping.
- Added improved Preview Generation.
- Make the 'Watch Recordings' screen more responsive after deleting a recording by making the caching of program data smarter.
- Many changes/fixes to make a Windows/MinGW port possible.
- Added yadif and greedyh deinterlacers.
- Deinterlace pause frame if we're not using the bob deinterlacer.
- Scale closed caption fonts according to theme height.
- Adds an integrated channel icon downloader to mythtv-setup which uses the services.mythtv.org facility.
- Allow the user to completely disable the MediaMonitor
- Enhanced the category search to allow searching by genre if that information is available.
- Various Linux ld --as-needed fixes.
- Add more stats to the Schedule Status section of the System Status page.
- Improved shutdown/wakeup when using suspending or hibernating.
- Add the current date/time in ISO date format to the status xml feed.
- Add ability to view upcoming recordings while watching a recorded show.
- Added Xbox setting to allow turning on the recording LED only for non LiveTV recordings.
- Add a menu option to allow the user to tell Myth to forget that it recorded a particular recording so that it an be rerecorded even if it is a duplicate.
- Added decoding CPU count to video display profiles
- Various documentation updates.
- Various build system cleanups.
- Fixed programinfo passing between master and slave backend. This required a protocol change to version 31. (The final protocol version in the release is 40)
- Fixed prebuffer pauses on LiveTV transitions by setting the proper bitrate in the RingBuffer after it is reset by an OpenFile
- Prevent the OSD from always being drawn, even when not in use
- Fixed V4L2 API compatibility with IVTV 0.8
- Separated font sizing from display DPI
- Fixed updating of the last_record field
- Fixed bug in cutlist conversion
- Fixed bug where Playback screen would be missing the recorded ID for a show
- Reduced firewire packet buffer from 8000 to 2000
- Verify that a firewire node is a STB
- Fixed 8PSK modulation tuning
- Added EIT fixup for MultiChoice Africa
- Fixed problem causing duplicate rows for manually scheduled programs to appear in Watch Recording list
- Fixed problem where backend might fail deleting a file due to filename being changed by transcoding
- Fixed problem with non-GUI programs initializing OSD
- Added date to UPnP response header
- Fixed issue with aborted data over UPnP
- Fixed truncating delete code by grabbing filesize prior to unlinking
- Improved sending of committed DiSEqC messages
- Disabled automatic portion of WrapTimecode which was causing problems
- Fixed TS packet handling when discontinuity detected
- Fixed South African VHF frequencies
- Fixed SW42 and SW64 support for pre-DiSEqC DVB-S setups.
- Fixed defaulting of channel source when adding a new channel in the channel editor
- Fixed favorite channel and direct channel entering in browse mode
- Added Intel IEGD driver to fix for broken I420 support
- Fixed deleting a video source which did not delete its associated channels
- Fixed audio muting issue with v4l-compat support
- Fixed quickdnr, denoise3d, and crop filters to work with padded YUV strides
- Fixed scanning of DVB-C muxes
- Fixed deletion of orphaned channels
- Fixed the transport editor which was only showing data if a DVB device was connected.
- Fixed the transport editor presenting HDHomeRun and HDTV transports as analog transports not as ATSC transports.
- Fixed the transport editor showing DVB-S frequencies as being in Hz, when they are actually in kHz.
- Fixed ATSC EIT time offset
- Fixed the recordedprogram, recordedrating, and recordedcredits tables cleanup and move the clean-up into the housekeeper instead of mythfilldatabase
- Allow renumbered ATSC channels to be sorted properly
- Tightens the criteria for a private stream to be declared as a video stream which should fix recordings of some channels where this was a problem
- Fixed a segfault when we fail to set up a signal monitor for a digital channel
- Fixed playback by selecting the first video stream found in the PMT. This allows the people with weird broadcasts to function, without inhibiting the functionality of Interactve TV (MHEG)
- Fixed the ProgramInfo::showDetails() ratings string
- Fixed interpretation of hide_guide property in ATSC PSIP (backported to 0.20.2 as well)
- Fixed a couple bugs enabling/disabling the xmltv and onairguide configs for a channel
- Added two new system information table types for MPEG streams, "mpeg" and "opencable".
- Changed Digital TV tuning to use the System Information Standard to determine what to use to tune ATSC and DVB and by extension MPEG and OpenCable? streams
- Various commercial detection improvements
- Fixed frontend SEGV when editing a custom recording rule via the watch recordings screen
- Fixed EPG issues and not exiting correctly from live tv
- Fixed MythTV compilation when the DVB-S2 patches are applied to the DVB drivers.
- Fixed the scanner not working properly when DiSEqC input is connected to a source which is also connected to another DiSEqC input
- Fixed space calculations in util.cpp's getDiskSpace() function
- Added two missing Aspect override options to the Aspect override menu.
- Default recording profiles for Firewire and DBox2 recorders are now created
- Fixed a problem where exiting the Appearance settings sometimes causes a segfault
- Fixed 100% cpu usage when xbox 360 is on the network & adds missing return in function (uPnP)
- Fixed various firewire problems
- Fixed race with "Watch as it records"
- Fixed the picture adjustment for V4L2 attributes with negative values.
- Added channel looking to eit cache, should prevent duplicate eit insertions
- Fixed the "current_picture uninitialized" and "first frame is no key frame" libavcodec seeking errors for new recordings
- Fixed a bug causing original airdates prior to 1970 to be erroneously set to Dec 31 1969 by passing the original air date around in Qt::ISODate (YYYY-MM-DD) format instead of converting to unixtime
- Fixed bogus original air dates stuffed into the recorded table.
- Fixed bug in DataDirect setup of ATSC channels.
- Fixed position maps for recorders with signal monitor support after a LiveTV switch
- Fixed seeking after swapping PiP
- Fixed problem where 'delete' option shows up in the exit prompt when exiting a video(non-dvd) played by the internal player
- A scheduled program is now rescheduled when the user cancels it to watch live TV instead
- Fixes for opening CDROM tray when there is no disk in it
- Recordings with a blank category field now show up as "Unknown" in the Recording Group/Category chooser popup
- Fixed an uninitialized variable that could lead to a segfault under certain circumstances
- Fixed ISO-6937 decoding if the string starts with a non ascii symbol
- Fixed a bug where the first of back-to-back programs causes a recording rule with maxnewest set to 0 to reach its maxepisodes count.
- Added a workaround for Linux CD drives that don't know the difference between OPEN and NODISK
- Fixed eit for dvb-c in the Netherlands
- Fixed channel scanning crashes by avoiding calling QString::tr()
- Various updates for german EIT encoding fixups
- Some OSD resizes on first channel tune with digital tuners are now avoided.
- Convert recording title back to utf8 before storing it in the recordedprogram table.
- Reduced mythfrontend memory consumption by upto 75% depending on theme and resolution.
- Faster startup of mythfrontend and mythtv-setup from changes to theme pre-scaling.
- Improved default theme images with better scaling and anti-aliasing
- Fix channel scanning on some DVB-S cards.
- Fix opening DVB devices only on demand.
- Fix DiSEqC rotor setups
- Various firewire fixes/updates.
- Work around for pause bug in ivtv 1.0.0 drivers.
- Fix OpenGL Renderer picture controls. (Note: Experimental OpenGL renderer is disabled by dafault.)
- Various thread safety fixes for Network Control.
- Fix the EPG always displaying the channel icons even when the setting to display them is unchecked.
- Fix gcc-4.3 compilation.
- Added some preview image scaling tweaks and fixes and maintain the aspect ratio of preview video.
- Fix some MythDialog inconsistancies with returned status values
- Don't move recordings deleted by the auto expirer to the deleted recgroup.
- Do a firewire bus reset when required in the LinuxFirewireDevice.
- Fixed scaling of preview images when they are fetched from a remote backend.
- Fix alignment of program finder for RtoL text.
- Fix rendering of chaff in XVideo renderer when the video buffer size is not equal to video frame size.
Mac OS X
- New directory of OS X bundling tools
- Added MediaMonitor support
- Added digital audio support
- Compilation of MythMusic (playback only, no CD ripping) is allowed.
- Improved audio timestamp calculations
- Hardware Acceleration for HD MPEG2 using DVDV (Accellent) [Allows slower processors to play HD!]
- Improved FireWire recorder support
- Added FLV playback support - experimental, so not enabled by default.
- Completed mp3act integration with music module.
- Added recording details page.
- Added remote control module.
- Rewritten or cleaned up mythvideo, settings, weather and recording list pages.
- Added support to MythWeb for utilizing Storage Groups.
- .htaccess file replaced by an apache.conf file.
- Added basic playback group editing.
- Added a little green counter in the bottom left of the browser window showing how many pending ajax requests there are.
- Added jobqueue status and queueing to the recording details page.
- Fixed passing null values when scheduling recordings.
- Fixed myth:// URLs.
- Improved file streaming using sys calls.
- Fixed links for manually overridden video URLs.
- Fixed music module detection.
- Allow negative recording priorities to be set.
- Fixed login for users who use both mobile and PC logins.
- Fixed category display.
- Fixed HTTPS streaming and broken images.
- Added mobile support for HTC Tornado.
- Fixed the airdate display issues for pending movie recordings.
- Replaced onchange with onclick, to fix the konqueror bug.
- Applied sanity check for the date range popup menu, for those people who occasionally get wacky data from DVB EIT data.
- Default values for start/end offset for new schedules are now used.
- Adding source files for MythFlash. MFPlayer is the flex-based video player for mythweb.
- Added people search to the search menu.
- Added support for new subtitle type.
- Added in rating stats to the music section.
- Added in a quick basic database health settings page.
- Status column in Upcoming Recordings now shows the tuner name instead of tuner number (if blank, you need to name your tuners).
- Added a thumbnail image finder
- Added support for threading processes if system reports more than one processor available
- Added options for setting DVD date and time formats
- Added a thumbnail offset and bookmark image option to MythArchive
- Added ability to change the final order that files will be shown on the DVD title menus
- Added a button on the chapter menu to take you back to the title menu
- Added the possibility to add animated thumbnail images to the DVD themes. Also added a couple of themes that use the new feature
- Added menu option to test play a created DVD
- Added an option to apply a sync offset when remuxing the video and audio streams together using mplex.
- Various improvements to the log viewer
- Changed the way items are selected for archive
- Change how the lock file works to prevent the situation where a stale lock file is left behind after a system crash
- Fixed problem where mytharchivehelper was returning the wrong aspect ratio for .nuv files
- Fixed bug where save directory was not being passed properly
- Fixed bug where all recording fields were not requested from the database
- Prevent installation of plugin if all archiving options are disabled
- Fixed problems with filenames containing apostrophes
- Look for music and images in shared folders after default locations
- Fixed wrong aspect ratio when using Autoplay themes
- Fixed a mixup when retrieving the chanid and starttime from the DB
- Fixed problem with No Menu theme when trying to add movies
- Fixed handling of the temp work directory setting to prevent double '/'s from being added to paths.
- Fixed a segfault in the 'Select Recordings' screen if no suitable recordings can be found
- Fixed ffmpeg sync compilation problem.
- Fixed font problem causing the DVD menus to have missing text elements.
- Added an option to use ProjectX as the demuxer and commercial cutter.
- Added an option to include subtitles on created DVDs (currently only supports converting DVB subtitles).
- Added some new menu options to allow you to test play and burn DVDs.
- Allow for using custom re-encoding profiles.
- Use the 1st program's title for the DVD's volume name.
- Improved media and drive status checks when burning a DVD.
- Add option to skip commercials in DVDs using chapter marks.
- Add option to change the DVD drive write speed when burning a DVD.
- Allow MythArchive to handle very large (>4Gb) MythVideo files.
- Add support for right to left languages in the DVD menus.
- Add new -s/--sup2dast option to mytharchivehelper that will convert dvb subtitle sup files to png images.
- Remove a few of the larger temp work files after a making a DVD.
- Clean up to MythArchive's native archive creation.
- Added plugin support for Flash etc.
- Added support for entering text on web pages with the popup keyboard.
- Improved scrolling using a remote control.
- Fixes using https urls in MythBrowser.
- Fixed problem with URLs with an ampersand in them.
- Escape the commandline for adding the bookmarks.
- Improved UI
- Plugin removed. Merged with MythVideo
- Added ability to manage multiple NetFlix queues.
- Add wide screen theme and several menu image improvements.
- Added a "Move To Another Queue" button on the popup menu when viewing a named NetFlix queue.
- Added rename feature files and directories.
- Prevents unbound keys from stopping a slideshow
- Info key tells you what kind of slideshow you are in
- Adjusts images in mythgallary to the correct aspect ratio.
- Fix jump points not always working in MythGallery's icon view.
- Added option to either scale images to full screen or scale to fit.
- Added a new option to hash the "All Games" gametree game listings. This can make navigating long lists a little simpler
- Added the ability to chain commands separated by ';' when launching an emulator or game
- Ensure any screenshot is cleared when navigating the tree after you pass a game with a screenshot
- Fixed some issues with scanning PC games.
- Fixed the game metadata edit menu to have a Finish/Cancel button again so we can save data changes.
- Provides show times and cinema listings based on Zip/Post code and a given radius. It uses external scripts to grab times and so can be used in any country so long as a script is written for a local data source. Ships with a grabber for the USA which uses the ignyte website.
- Rip screen is more remote friendly and allows you to rip several CDs without having to do a full rescan after each one
- Added a new "Import Files" menu option to MythMusic. This allows you to import files that have already been ripped elsewhere and insert them into the MythMusic storage directory.
- Added a configurable playback resume feature
- Added support for libvisual to allow visualisations from the likes of ProjectM
- Added an album art image viewer to the metadata editor.
- Added an option to show the album art cover image for a few seconds in the visualizer after each song change.
- Added support for reading album art from ID3v2 tags.
- Added ripping of multiple tracks to one file.
- Added a progress indicator.
- Added caching of artist, album, genre and directory ids to mythmusic scanning to reduce the number of database queries.
- Faster scanning code.
- Added the option to choose the preferred encoding for ID3 tags
- Information on Album Artwork is now stored in the database
- Fixed SQL error when adding by genre to playlist
- Fixed failure to write out the proper VBR header causing most players to report incorrect play lengths for all files ripped by MythMusic to VBR mp3 format
- Fixed segfault when activating the 'Select Music Playlists' jumppoint twice in quick succession.
- Fixed the volume display only showing on the LCD the first time it is used.
- Fixed search to be able to find ' characters
- Added support for new flac API introduced in 1.1.3
- Fixed reading filenames containing non-ascii characters.
- Cleaned up console output
- Fixed ffmpeg sync compilation problem.
- Fixed Don't keep trying to play ejected CD
- Changed to using a much faster and maintained tagging library, taglib (libtag) instead of libid3tag.
- Fixed a segfault when switching between playback of files of two different formats (e.g. mp3 & ogg)
- Several wide themes updated/improved.
- Allow seeking while paused.
- Add a new Artist shuffle mode.
- Increase the granularity of MythMusic's artist tree.
- Added the ability to continue playing music in the background, so that (for example) music can be played while setting up recordings or browsing photos
- Provide some better feedback to the user when ripping a track fails or is cancelled.
- Added the position bar to the main playback screen in the default theme files.
- Change the 'Album' shuffle mode to be a little more intelligent and actually
sort the tracks by album then track number.
- Delay updating the lastplay and playcount values for a music track by
either half of the track length or after a set amount of time (default is 15 seconds) which ever comes first.
- Add timestretch support to mythmusic.
- Adds an optional albumart image on the MythMusic playback screen.
- Add 'Tracks with same Title' menu option to MythMusic.
- Extended httpcomms to report status of progress
- Added various RSS feeds to feed list
- Improved handling of HTML and CDATA content in RSS descriptions
- Display site images
- Display article images/thumbnails
- Visual icon indicating RSS attachment
- Visual icon indicating RSS attachment needs downloading
- Playback of attachments using internal player (video only)
- Progress indicator during download including byte count
- Fix crash when trying to retrieve articles from an unreachable URL.
- Fixed YouTube media downloading by properly parsing new page content.
- Fix two translation issues with the call popup dial or answer dialog
- Fix mythphone so it observes the UDPNotifyPort setting.
- Added UPnP support on the backend for streaming videos
- Added imdbpy.py which uses the IMDbPY to fetch the metadata.
- Added find_meta.py for intelligent recursive metadata fetching from command line.
- Improved XvMC internal dvd player support. Uses XV when in DVD menu and XvMC when in the main title
- Added DVD bookmark support.Added a progress indicator
- Added chapter menu to osd menu when watching dvd
- Added a new poster grabber script (fetch_poster.py) which grabs posters from movieposter.com
- Added ability for user to set the DVD drive speed when using the internal dvd player. default is 2x.
- Added scripts from Pekka Jaaskelainen
- Added a new option "Let transcode determine frame rate" (defaults to on) which allows transcode to determine the frame rate.
- Improved imdb.pl handling of no year titles
- Fixed segfault when external player exits
- Fixed choppy playback on some DVD main titles
- Fixed segfault when external player exits
- Fixed problem with missing menu buttons on some DVD titles
- Fixed enabling of subtitles from main DVD menu
- Fixed title menu selection
- Made jumps using seekrwnd, and seekfwd a little more predictable
- Handle transition from main title to still frame and a resolution change when using the standard decoder
- Fixed problem where audio stutters during chapter jumps
- Disabled frame-by-frame jump when watching a dvd
- Fixed jumping from a main feature to a dvd menu causing the dvd menu button to possibly not to show up
- Fixed dvd menu selecting the wrong subtitle stream
- Various DVD fixes/improvements
- Fixed hitting chapter menu takes you back to the main menu in DVD playback
- Fixed file browse issue where filenames were incorrectly converted to titles.
- Fixed allocine.pl.
- Added ability for a unique PIN to protect parental level 2 and 3.
- Disallow default parental level view without a PIN (if required).
- Adds release date to the imdb.pl output.
- Change the DVD ripping pages to use text buttons in a way that is consistent with the rest of mythtv.
- Add new "dialog" for manual title searches (saving one the arduous journey to the metadata editor).
- Replace ofdb.pl with ofdb.py.
- Uses the cast information returned by a metadata retrieval scripts.
- Adds a "View Cast" button on the info popup menu.
- Adds a new Russian metadata retrieval script.
- Replaced with MythWeather-revamp branch
- Adds a grabber which uses the BBC Weather RSS feeds.
- Adds a mythweather grabber for Canada using the Environment Canada website.
- New plugin: ZoneMinder is a system for monitoring cctv cameras. It uses a web interface which doesn't work very well on a MythTV only system so the plugin provides a remote friendly interface to some of the functions provided by ZM.
- Added a default wide theme.
- Don't divide the file size by 1 megabyte twice
- Modified to use new Perl bindings
- Fixed --quick-run
- Added support for updating JobQueue progress and allowing Stop commands
- Added support for writing TS streams
- Added support for saving the language ID for TS streams
- Added PAT/PMT support to TS streams in transcoder
- Added the ability for the lossy transcoder's profile autodetection code to use autodetect profiles based on the height and fps of the input video
- Added a --video option to mythtranscode. This allows you to build seek tables for videos which weren't recorded by mythtv and potentially transcode them too.
- Stop transcoding when total frames is reached to prevent stray frames
- Fixed some audio sync issues
- Fixed not reinitializing stream properties when changing streams
- Fixed segfault by taking the 1st video stream (rather than the last) when multiple video streams are present
- Fixed segfault with non-empty buffer
- Fixed padding packets from being written to stream
- When resizing video in the lossy side of mythtranscode, trim off the bottom 8 pixels when we encounter a video file that is 1088 pixels high
- Fixed issue when the cut-point was at a corrupted section of the stream
- Fixed the lossy side of mythtranscode to convert over audio packets one-for-one in the output when encoding.
- Added a --inversecut option.
- Add a simple truncating delete to mythtranscode for those people that have TruncateDeletesSlowly turned on.
- See EPG / EIT / Mythfilldatabase section above.
- Fixed crashes with hybrid tuner cards
- Allow daily wakeup periods to cross midnight
- Make wakeup command fully configurable
- Allow the date format to be changed.
- Keep trying to re-connect to the master BE if it looses the connection or if the BE is not available when it starts up.
- Added option to query whether backend is currently recording (-s returns 8)
- Added option to set wakeup time based on next scheduled recording (-t)
- Added option to check backend status, set wakeup time and shutdown if successful - useful for "immediate" shutdown scripts and shutdown from remote control (-x)
- Added intelligence to Myth's shutdown check code to look for pending or running jobs in the JobQueue when determining whether to shutdown or not.
- Check if mythtv-setup is running and don't shutdown if it is.
- Allow for nested calls to shutdown --lock
- Restart the idle timer whenever mythshutdown --unlock is called.
- Added -R option to reset firewire bus
- Imported into mythtv svn