Been working with computers since I was 5 years old, my dad worked for a computer company and brought systems home.
My first personal computer was a Tandy 1000SX, ah the good ol' days of an 8088 chip and 256k ram.
I built my first Myth system about in late 2004. It was a combo server with a PVR-350 as the only capture card. In early 2005, when the whole broadcast flag scare was in effect, I added a PcHDTV HD-3000 card. Later that year I got 2 HD-5000's. I got a 3rd HD-5000 to replace the PcHDTV HD-3000 the following year so I didn't have to mickey mouse the drivers every time I upgraded the kernel.
Gentoo has always been my favorite flavor of linux. So much so that when the developers of Myth switched to SVN I modified the CVS ebuilds available on the lists to download from SVN. I'm still using these ebuilds thou slightly tweaked with new ones for some of the more recent plugins.
email : myrdhn [at] gmail dot com
AIM : Heimdalir
About my contributions to the MythTV wiki
Meager as they are, I contributed my local channels.conf and updated the TV out with the card I have been using for years. I also added the HD TV I use and its xorg.conf settings.
I have a github repo for my mythtv svn ebuilds, http://wiki.github.com/MarcT/mt-mythtv/
Default branch is trunk but you can switch to fixes if you want, http://wiki.github.com/MarcT/mt-mythtv/how-to-change-branches
About my boxes
Total Video Storage : ~1.5 TB
niflheim (backend only)
- Mainboard: DFI LANPARTY UT nF3 250Gb
- Processor: Athlon64 2800+
- Memory: 1GB
- Videocard: SiS 330
- Optical: TDK CD-RW
- TV-Card: 1x Hauppauge PVR-500 and 3x Technisat AirStar HD-5000
- Soundcard: N/A
- SATA Expansion Card: Silicon Image, Inc. SiI 3114
- Display: N/A
- Distribution: Gentoo 10.0 (2.6.32-gentoo-r2)
ionitx (frontend only)
- Mainboard: Zotac IONITX-C-U
- Processor: Intel Atom N230
- Memory: 4GB
- Videocard: GeForce 9400M (nVidia Ion)
- Disks: None, diskless install.
- Display: Syntax Olevia LT37HVE 37" Flat-Panel LCD TV
- Distribution: Gentoo 10.0 (2.6.30-gentoo-r2)
appletv (frontend only) Obsolete (replaced with ionitx)
asgard (frontend/backend) Obsolete (Replaced with appletv and niflheim)
- Mainboard: FIC Condor (CD-VL91) Intel 865G+ICH5 based.
- Processor: Intel Pentium4 3.4E
- Memory: 512MB
- Videocard: GeForce FX 5700LE
- System disk: 2 x Seagate 250 GB (ST3250823AS) in RAID 1
- Optical: Creative PC-DVD Encore 6X
- TV-Card: Hauppauge PVR-350
- Soundcard: on-board AC97 codec with optical out.
- Distribution: Gentoo 2007.0 (2.6.22-gentoo-r5)