This is my MythTV box (combined frontend and backend)
- Case: Barebone Asus Pundit AH2-ID2 (Asus M2N8L board with nVidia MCP51 chipset, onboard GeForce 6150, oboard Realtek ALC86-DTS sound)
- CPU: AMD Athlon64 3800+
- Memory: 512 MB Kingston ValueRam DDR2-667
- Harddisk: Samsung Spinpoint 160GB
- DVB-S Card: Technisat Skystar 2
- DVB-T Card: Pinnacle 300i
- USB WLAN-Stick: Netgear WG111v2
Glozzo is running Kubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn (32bit).
I like the Pundit case, it looks smart, it's small and it's cheap. No need for a fancy HTPC case.
Instead of a remote control, I use a small wireless (RF) keyboard (Periboard 703 from www.perixx.com), which works very well. It has a couple of media keys that I have mapped to MythTV keyboard commands. I also have a Logitech Harmony 555 programmable remote, but I have not yet bothered to configure it properly for MythTV (anybody have a good configuration?)
The Pundit is usually pretty silent. It has a controlled CPU fan (Cool'n'Quiet), which I replaced with a 80mm NoiseBlocker fan (the original fan made a very silent, but slightly bothering high-pitched squeal). Together with powernowd, the CPU runs at 1GHz and 30°C with the fan hardly spinning most of the time.
MythTip is a project I am currently working on - well, more an idea of a project and some prototype software.
The idea is: a TV recommendation system for MythTV.
After doing some research on the subject, I found the following starting points: