- Case: Moneual Moncaso 312S
- Motherboard: MB MSI| 890GXM-G65
- CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 925 2.8G
- HD: Seagate Barracuda Green 2TB 5900 RP0M (Formated to JFS, mounted as /mm)
- PSU: Seasonic SS-560KM
- Fans: 3 SILENX fans (one has died, I need to replace it). I'm currently using the Stock CPU fan, but want to replace it soon.
- Optical: LG WH12LS30
- SSD: OCZ Vertex 2 OCZSSD2-2VTXE60G 2.5" 60GB
- Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB)
- Tuner: Hauppauge 1196 HVR-1250 (not yet working, see below)
- I also have an older tv, which is HD ready but which does not have an HDMI input, so I bought a Sewell PC to TV (VGA to RCA) Converter. I have to say that the video is not the greatest quality.
8/25/2014 - Replaced the older crt with a newer LCD, looks and works great.
- Mythbuntu 11.4, 64 bits
- Plugins: Stock, plus mythnetvision, mythplugins
- hulu desktop (works beautifully, integrates nicely with mythbuntu)
- Squeezeplay & squeezeslave (I have both of these installed, but haven't decided which I'm keeping). I have a full squeezebox network already running throughout the house and I'm hoping this box will play nicely with all of it. I'm hoping to take a look at the mythbuntu-squeezebox plugin at some point
One of the reasons I chose the case I did, and one of my hopes, was to get rid of my blue ray player (liberating it for another room) so I'd have less devices in my home theater... I was really bummed that one cannot play blue ray disks from MythTV/Linux... it really sucks!
Mythbuntu found an error at the end of the install process when trying to write the bootloader... I got around it by installing the previous version of mythbuntu (10.11) and upgrading from there. 8/25/2014 - It's now running the latest version of mythbuntu (14.04 and it has no problems)
Infrared was pretty hard to figure out... I had to install an lirc from source, but once that was done it was smooth sailing. 8/25/2014 - The infrared was broken again on the last mythbuntu upgrade, I haven't had time to mess with it.
I originally bought a Scythe Shuriken fan (100mm) it did not fit with the case/motherboard because the optical drive is in blocking it. I've ordered a new fan, meanwhile the stock cpu is keeping the cpu cool, but it's noisy! 8/25/2014 - I forget what fan I ended up putting in it, there's still some noise, but much better than the stock fan.
Originally I bought an avermedia Duet card... this card is not supported AT ALL by linux, skip it. I replaced it with a Hauppauge HVR-1250. But I haven't been able to get that working either. I have not been able to get the tuner card to work. I see no errors, but it doesn't find any channels either. I've just about given up for now, there's just SO much content out there already! Of course, it could be that there are no channels to be found, as my house is in a gully, but I imagine I'd see at least one or two channels. It may be the 64 bit version of mythbuntu (the 32 bit liveCD won't load, maybe I'll try mythdora). I've tried running the card with kaffeine, with tvtime, with xine-ui. 8/25/2014 - I moved to a new house with much better reception, I can now watch live tv, assuming I'd want to, but it does work ok.