- Show episode list and episode numbers for a given show (or shows with similar names). This is useful so you don't have to press 'u' for every item in the frontend; mythweb only shows episode numbers for shows that have yet to be recorded.
select syndicatedepisodenumber as epnum,title,subtitle from recordedprogram where title like "%<SHOW_NAME_OR_FRAGMENT>%" order by title,syndicatedepisodenumber;
Here's a handy bash script that does the same thing, but from the shell:
#!/bin/bash mysql_cmd='mysql -umythtv -pmythtv mythconverg' query=" select syndicatedepisodenumber as epnum,title,subtitle \ from recordedprogram where title like \"%$1%\"\ order by title,syndicatedepisodenumber;" echo "$query"|$mysql_cmd
fixing MPGs for lossless transcode
Haven't tried it yet, but User:Iamlindoro's info page is very exciting.
For the longest time, I used a 400MHz machine I found abandoned outside as a mythtv backend, but in fall 2007 I assembled a linux box as a combined backend/frontend and general use machine.
- Gigabyte Motherboard (GA-M61P-S3 GF6100 AM2)
- AMD 5600 X2 (2.8 GHz)
- 500 GB SATA HDD
- 2 GB OCZ RAM (OCZ2RPR8002GK R)
- (2) AVerTV HD A180 tuners
- Motorola 6200 cable box (renting)
Currently there are three optical drives attached, but I mainly use a cheap IDE drive I found on clearance at Staples.
- Ubuntu Gutsy
- MythTV 0.20.2