Configuring MythTV for the HDHomeRun Prime
In both .24-fixes and the current development version of MythTV (master), it is possible to use the SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime to view material which is not recordable using traditional tuners. The HDHomeRun Prime uses a CableCard to decrypt and stream three or six simultaneous programs, depending on the model used. This guide is an illustrated, step-by-step method of configuring the HDHomeRun Prime with MythTV.
The following steps should be applicable when setting up the Hauppauge DCR-2650.
Setting up the Lineups and Tuners
Although soon it will be possible to configure the HDHomeRun Prime without any special considerations, it is currently necessary to use some "tricks" to get a working lineup, and in the case of MythTV .24-fixes, to use all three tuners on each HDHomeRun Device. A summary of the steps needed:
- In .24-fixes, the HDHomeRun must be either created by IP, and the tuner number manually edited, or by using the autodiscovery feature and creating a duplicate of one tuner to represent the third, and then that tuner's device string must be manually changed in the database. This step does not apply to master/.25.
- A brand new video source must be created. That source must be attached to an analog or demo tuner device, and the channels must be filled by pressing the "Fetch Channels from Listings Source" button.
- The new video source must be removed from the analog device and attached to the HDHomeRun Prime tuners.
You only have one more step to go! Bring up a terminal and issue the command:
This will pull in the listings for all of your channels. You can now start mythbackend again and your HDHomeRun Prime tuners should be ready to go!
- I'm not able to tune any of my channels! The OSD simply says "Partial Lock" and "LAMc". What gives?
- A Lock message of LAMc indicates the channel is encrypted and untuneable. There are multiple possibilities. Either the channel might not be copy-freely, and thus is uncapturable in MythTV, or your CableCard may not have been properly activated. Check your HDHomeRun Prime's web page (by bringing up its IP address in a web browser). Click Status Menu. Card Authentication, Card OOB Lock, and Card Activation must all read success in order for MythTV to be able to capture encrypted content. If they all read success, it is probably that this channel is marked Copy-Once or Copy-Never, and thus the HDHomeRun Prime is unable to stream the content in the clear to MythTV.