Difference between revisions of "Displaying Unicode Characters in MythVideo"
From MythTV Official Wiki
m (DisplayingUnicodeCharsHowTo moved to Displaying Unicode Characters)
m (Displaying Unicode Characters moved to Displaying Unicode Characters in MythVideo)
Revision as of 02:59, 2 December 2005
My wife has some chinese movies that she likes to watch on Myth Video; but the filenames have chinese characters on them, thus show up as garbage on Mythvideo's browser. After lots of digging, this is what I did to fix it:
1. Get your locale right. There are various ways in different distributions to do this, but in Debian and bash, I did:
export LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-82. Get a font that supports unicode. I copied over Arial Unicode MS from my laptop running Windows XP. Testing it in Konqueror, konqueror now renders the filenames correctly. 3. Remove all old metadata in videometadata table. On 0.18, Myth Video is unable to remove metadata entries that have unicode characters. You have to manually remove them. 4. For the theme that you're running, figure out the font that is being used for the list. The theme file should be in `/usr/share/mythtv/themes/<theme>/theme.xml` or `/usr/local/share/mythtv/themes/<theme>/theme.xml`. I looked at Titivilus (my current theme), and changed the font there from whatever it was to Arial Unicode MS. 5. Rerun video manager to repopulate the videometadata database.