For people who require a tunerless backend, are developing in a Virtual Machine or are on a test-only system you will not normally be able to or need to access a tuner which limits alot of the development and testing you can do.
Below describes how you can add a dummy tuner just for the purpose of getting guide data in, you will not be able to play this back in LiveTV or record from this.
- Create a valid MPEG2 file on the machine.
- Create a new capture card
- Set the Card Type to 'Analog V4L capture card' or MPEG encoder
- Set the Video Device to the location of your MPEG2 file
- Create your video source as normal
- Go to channel editor
- Add new channel (Ensure you add an XMLTV ID)
- Gather listing data as per normal