For people who require a tunerless backend, are developing in a Virtual Machine or are on a test-only system you will not normally be able to or need to access a tuner which limits alot of the development and testing you can do.
Below describes how you can add a dummy tuner just for the purpose of getting guide data in, you will not be able to play this back in LiveTV or record from this.
- Create a valid MPEG2 file on the machine.
- Create a new capture card
- Set the Card Type to 'MPEG-2 encoder card (PVR-x50, PVR-500)'
- Set the Video Device to the location of your MPEG2 file
- Create your video source as normal
- You may choose to use "No Grabber" or "Transmitted guide only (EIT)" (if you don't want listings for it)
- Connect Inputs
- Connect the video source to the input
- Add new channel(s)
- Use "Fetch channels from listings source" in "Input Connections" or
- Create channels manually using the channel editor (ensure you add an XMLTV ID if you want listings)
- Gather listing data as per normal