From MythTV Official Wiki
Revision as of 03:26, 16 March 2006 by Kkuphal
While MythTV is very good at skipping commercials, usually, sometimes it doesn't do so well. If you want to edit out commercials yourself, it's actually very easy.
- Enter Edit Mode by pressing E on the keyboard. If commercial detection is enabled, Z will load the detected commercials.
- Move forward and back in the video file using the forward and back keys to move forward or back by one time unit (defaults to 1 second), and using the < and > keys you can move forward and back by 10 units at a time. Use Up and Down to change the time unit - values are 1 frame, 0.5 seconds, 1 second, 5 seconds, 20 seconds, 1 minute, 5 minutes, 10 minutes. Use the Page Up and Page Down keys to move between cut points.
- When you locate the start of a commercial, just press the enter or space key and select 'Delete after this frame' from the pop up menu.
- When you locate the end of a commercial, press the enter or space key and select 'Delete before this frame' from the pop up menu.
- When you've completed your editing, press E. The very tail of the video will play and you'll pop back to the watch recorded programs screen.
- If you, or automatic detection, have bollocksed up the list enough, then the 'Home key will clear the list.
That's it. Now when you watch the program it will be commercial free.