Feature Wishlist (New Plugins)
From MythTV Official Wiki
Revision as of 00:46, 4 August 2006 by MyForest (A way to UpdateBookmarksFromFile)
This articles represents a subsection of the Feature Wishlist.
- MythMPD. To control an MPD with an interface just like MythMusic. This could provide a fix for the music-in-the-background requests and allow easier handling of playlists. It shouldn't be too hard since MythMusic could be used as the basis.
- Add a slimserver client
- MythCommander. It would be great to have an Filemanager like Midnight Commander. And it would be nice if you could not only move and rename files but also unrar/zip/tar them.
- Burn DVDs/(S)VCDs from within MythTV
- Add an ebay module to watch and update active bids
- support for blog entries from inside of myth - provide hotkey that will open a quick form to add an entry to blogger or other common blog. Included in the posting would be the information about the show being watched at the moment - would be ideal to have a transparent overlay window for text entry so blog entry could be posted while still wathcing TV - useful to blog about a debate or talk show
- A convenient way to comment on movies in IMDB after watching them. I.E. At the end of watching a MOVIE, add an option to the delete menu to jump to IMDB "post a review" for this movie (or a link to tvtome to comment on an episode of a series?)
- Add local movie showtimes module
- Add a Test Screen to help adjust TV colors correctly to view MythTV at the very best -- also add test sound effects for stereo, 5+1 sounds, etc sound debugging. This would be a nice addition to setup in myth. -- possibly lprof-1.09 tools
- Add an "Export Recordings" mode under "Manage Recordings" that interfaces with mkmovie, nuvexport and nuv2avi in some integrated fashion so that TV recordings could easily be exported from MythTV without dropping to the commandline to do so.
- IM (AIM, MSN and Yahoo) use libgaim**
- Music Play Daemon (mpd) Support.
- X10 Support possibly by integrating with Misterhouse
- Misterhouse is a bit bloated, something like bottlerocket would be a better place to start
- Integrate myth2iPod, 2 into mythtv plugins package. It would also be nice if this were combined with a script that could convert any videos stored in mythvideo thus allowing anything viewable from mythtv to be played on an ipod
- Mythbuster - A plugin similiar to Mythflix that integrates into Blockbuster On-line instead of Netflix. May be limited to Blockbuster's technology and lack of RSS.
- MythWebcam - BabyCam / security cam via PiP, put a webcam in the baby's room and have MythTV display it via PiP. Might also be usefull together with the mentioned Motion software to see if someone at your doorbell. MythPhone maybe? Another possible program to interface with for this is ZoneMinder which is a prominent Linux video camera security and surveillance solution.
- MythMusicVideo - You list what songs & artists you want, and MTV, VH1, and CMT videos automatically start recording (whatever one you select). They always put the songs info in the corner, so some quick OCR should give you what you want. If it is not on your list, MythTV would not keep, otherwise save with singer's name and the song title.
- A way to UpdateBookmarksFromFile