Difference between revisions of "Feature Wishlist (Plugin Addons)"
|Line 55:||Line 55:|
* Possibility to mount folder from samba (if photos are store on Windows Host)
* Possibility to mount folder from samba (if photos are store on Windows Host)
* Ability to view/delete images from bluetooth device (eg mobile phone). Always sync automatically after initially configured?
* Ability to view/delete images from bluetooth device (eg mobile phone). Always sync automatically after initially configured?
* A PS3 style slideshow. See [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCpf139wS-c video].
* A PS3 style slideshow. See [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCpf139wS-c video].
=== MythGame ===
=== MythGame ===
Revision as of 17:33, 27 December 2008
This article represents a subsection of the Feature Wishlist.
Plugin Addons (to existing Plugins)
- Create a plugin-manager plugin which allows the installation/activation/deactivation of all supported plugins, and can get updated lists of plugins. (Inspiration: the way the 'gallery' program, http://gallery.menalto.com/ allows one to do this.)
- Pop-up keyboard for text input on web pages, controllable from a simple remote control (like the keyboard used in all other parts of myth).
- support for Adobe Flash Plugin  and external programs that can open PDF files
- https:// support for bookmarks (currently http://https://url.com is created)
- When playing a DVD, MythTV leaves the X resolution at the configured GUI resolution. It would be nice if we could switch to a user-configured resolution for DVD playback, similar to how we allow user-configured resolutions for video playback.
- Option to rip separate chapters into separate files (good for things like TV series on DVD.)
- Implement support in mtd and MythDVD to support CD+G format using libcdg123
- Option to use Matroska as Container to store DVD menus+video contents (+ripping multiple subtitle/audio languages)
- Batch processing and Cluster ability for video transcoding ala DVD::Rip This would only be useful to users who use multiple frontends and backend.
- Apply settings for one title to all titles. For example, set to rip at excellent quality, press one button and these settings apply to all titles on the disc.
- Option to rip to a sub-folder, such as /genre/title or /title/season2/disk3.
- Allow disabling/enabling of quality modes in a settings area and allow setting a default quality. This would prevent less computer savvy family members from ripping all dvds in iso mode.
- Allow customizing, and creating new, dvd ripping quality profiles. Such as setting the avg. bitrate, suggested file size, clipping, and 1/2 pass.
- Allow cropping of DVD rips so letter-boxed and anamorphic rips will be cropped clean. I envision it like Handbrake, where it auto detects the black and crops in so the transcoded file contains no dead black space around it.
- DVD rip transcoding should integrate with the backend job queue, rather than having MTD maintain its own independent queue
- Ability to use more than one optical drive. I have two DVD-drives in my frontend, and the rip itself is the only portion I have to wait on (transcoding could continue in the background). At least the UI appears to be configured to queue multiple jobs already, with the exception of requiring a single optical drive.
- Flickr support: Tag support (show tags by popularity or alphabetically), ability to show only "my" Flickr pictures (set username in MythGallery setup), sorting pictures by date, name, tag...
- Maybe later: add pictures from MythGallery to Flickr account
- Add support for automounting of cameras through HAL and Show pictures directly from the connected camera without copying these.
- Offer user an option to copy (selected or all) pictures to a new folder
- Add EXIF display option for photos in myth's photo gallery.
- take transition effects from xscreensaver and implement them for myth photo module
- Add ability to define extension types to activate specific command line for a given extension. Like MythVideo.
- Aspect Ratio key to zoom and stretch the picture to fit widescreen TV's
- Add Ken Burns Pan and Zoom Effect to slideshow. See ticket #5176
- Print option to photo on local printer
- Confirm deleting pictures or maybe using a Trash bin system - images can easily be deleted by accident using this plugin.
- Display filenames underneath thumbnails as caption.
- Ability to play a audio file in the background during a slideshow. User should be able to configure a file that will be played in a loop in the slideshow mode. If a photo folder has a slideshow.mp3 file, this file should override the audio file setup by user in the "Setup" page.
- Possibility to mount folder from samba (if photos are store on Windows Host)
- Ability to view/delete images from bluetooth device (eg mobile phone). Always sync automatically after initially configured?
- A PS3 style 3D slideshow. See video.
- Support for an option to search for a rom!
- Add support to MythGame for epsxe and pSX (Can be used with the new MythGame!) - Also add support for mtd to detect Playstation 1 cds
- Add simple games that can be played via the remote control (i.e. arrow keys and enter) - like some type of simple minesweeper or sokoban -- i.e. come with some existing (free/open source) games which can then be used as templates for how to set things up.
- Add the ability to quit an emulator with the remote (not all people have keyboards plugged in). I may be mistaken, but I think each emulator needs to support interfacing with the lirc daemon to listen for an appropriate "exit" signal.
- Add a "Game Display Order" option for grouping roms by the First Letter of the Game Title. Example: Airwolf & Arkanoid show up in the "A" category, BurgerTime & BubbleBobble in the "B" category etc...
- Add Support for ScummVM based Games like Maniac Mansion or Sam`n Max Hit the Road. You CAN do this with a gamelist.xml file, but that's not very clean.
- Command line program to perform the "scan for new music"
- Have a "Music Trivia" mode which hides the playing song details until a "Show details" button is pushed. (This seems to exist in myth-0.21, but not quite in the shape of an on-screen "Show details" button. Press the button while in the Play screen.)
- Start playback of songs at a random point in each song.
- Instead of going to the settings to select whether mythmusic should browse by artist, genre or albums, just show all three options at the root of the browser: Under "All My Music", the next entry should be "Albums" "Artists" and "Genres": this would make users life much easier and provide a user experience close to the ease of use of iPods!
- Keybinding for "Put the song at the end of queue". Example: In WinAmp (other letter in Rhyhtmbox or Amarok) you just have to press "q" to put the song in the queue. When you press "q" on an another song, it puts it at the end of the queue.
- Play songs directly from (mounted) USB mp3-player (iPod?)
- Visualizer that would display song ID3 data over a neutral background and after a configurable time, dim down to prevent burn in. / Galleon-Tivo's version
- Import of iTunes playlists, so you can use playlists you have already setup.
- Automatically detect at iTunes-like (DAAP) servers on the LAN, and be able to browse them.
- The Music browsing could be implemented like on the iPod (Artists -> Red Hot Chili Peppers -> Stadium Arcadium -> Dani California). Browsing with a hierarchical structure would streamline music browsing and playlist building inside mythTV. Alternately one could browse by album or genre instead of by artist.
- Browsing by album should be available as a parallel path through the music repository since samplers cannot be selected in total right now (it is not a solution to change the browsing in the setup since then you would lose the artists)
- The Auto Playlists, including the Smart Playlists, should appear in the All My Playlists listing (they don't as of v0.21). (This might help the browse-by-album question above)
- Interface with an MPD based backend like ampache ( http://www.ampache.org/ ) - current SVN mythweb has an ampache like interface to the mythmusic collection --Managementboy 10:12, 8 January 2008 (UTC)
- 24-bit sound file playback with sampling frequences up to 96 kHz, at least with FLAC decoder.
- CD Cover Gallery Mode - ie. touchscreen kiosk- Browse by pic of artist -> Album
- I saw something really cool like this implemented in Hollister Co. (the clothing store that's like Abercrombie) Basically it had a real slick interface with the cover of about 100 CDs they sell in the store, and you can touch any CD cover, choose a song, and it'll start playing it back in the store. I think this is real classy and could be implemented just like the MythVideo Gallery display option. You would require the files to be in some sort of directory structure or sort by ID3 tags but that would probably be slower. I think this should probably be the 1st thing on the development list.
- For Audiobook-lovers like me this two things would enhance the mythmusic experience by far:
- Add Sleep-Timer to Mythmusic.
- Add a Bookmark feature, which allows one bookmark per mp3, so it asks: "Jump or play from beginning?"
- Add an option to import playlists for and streaming URL's for internetradio to MythMusic
- Store CDDB ID for ripped CDs, 2 for easy fetching of updates from CDDB. (Is this already in? Or even handy?)
- Lyrics it would be great to see what those songs really said... I guess you'd have to put some simple timebased scrolling... or go the manual scroll
- one more vote for this one. and manual scrolling would be great
- Add visualization similar to [http:/figz.com/gdancer gdancer] where figures "dance" to music changes
- Add a Flickr stream as the visualizer, and for extra points, match the music & image emotion!
- Add Support for http://last.fm like in amarok, which enhaces the Music enjoy a lot!
- Option for Ripping to occur as a background task/thread (ie start copying the .WAV files to hard disk immediately, put into queue for compressing/encoding). Use MythNotify to prompt the user for verification of CDDB results, etc. Allows ripping while watching TV. It would be nice if this was possible whilst listening to music as well. It would help with parties and people wanting to add their CDs to the mix.
- The ability to transfer playlists from one frontend to another. IE: I'm listening to a playlist on a portable frontend and I want to transfer the currently playing music to the entertainment center. Extra points to have the music pick up at the same point in the current track.
- Somewhat akin to above, add support for a "global" playlist. Where the frontends would sync their playlists and track positions. I realize this may be impractical due to timing and performance differences between frontends, but this _is_ a wishlist. :) [Playlists can currently be shared - I have playlists that are shared (admittedly I loaded them from a script, which may influence why they are shared). Starting position isn't likely to work well]
- Download the artist, song, and album information off of Wikipedia like Amarok does. It would be a great way of learning more about the music that is currently playing.
- Performance enhancements for resource challenged hardware (XBOX). A large music collection can choke the machine. Here are some performance suggestions: 1) Load the music catalog on demand instead of all at once. 2) Pause playback when editing playlists. 3) Clear the playlist when exiting or have a single key to clear the playlist instead of having to edit the playlist.
- Support albums stored as a single FLAC file with embedded CUE information defining each track.
- Option to have centralized playlists and library instead of each front end having seperate lists. [Can currently be achieved with a file share, and shared playlist. To get a shared playlist you need to manipulate the database - set the hostname field in the music_playlists table to null]
- When in full screen visualize mode, if the user changes volume, position, or mute have a pop up display showing this action and location.
- Add support for disc numbers, for song sorting purposes: the value should be read (if exists) from the ID3 tag or the AAC file metadata, stored in the Matadata class, and used for the song sort.
- Support for multiple sound cards in order to feed multizone/multisource amps. One frontend could provide separate feeds to more than one room for those that don't want to create multiple frontends.
- Add support for queuing music or creating playlists on a front end through Myth Web. This would enable me to use my Nokia N800 internet tablet to queue up music without having to turn the TV on. Play/Pause control would still be supported through regular IR remote methods. Alternatively, create a full-featured remote control client for the Nokia N800/770 -- There is a web based remote (MythRemote) that uses the telnet interface of MythTV, the PDA pages are compatible with my 770 -- UKDude
- Support for purchasing from non-DRM music stores such as eMusic & Amazon.
- Playlist Feature: When while a file is playing, add the ability to either (1) Remove "current track" from "current playlist" or (2) Add "current track" to "alternate playlist A" or "alternate playlist B" etc.
- AlbumArt Visualisation Set Display Time: Be able to set the display time of each image stored in the music folder. Default cycles through every half second or so (very fast). Could be set in the set-up menus, or just in a config file.
- Currently, when searching the database, the search is performed for each character input. For a small database, this would be fine, but for large music databases, searching becomes quite laggy. Instead of executing a query after each keystroke, let the user type the entire string and submit the query by pressing enter.
- Allow multiple search results to be added to the current queue.
- ReplayGain support.
- Automagically download album art.
- Ability to delete files and folders
- When importing files, allow for errors to listed as one list at the end, not an interrupting message each time.
- support for magnatune
- Use XMMS2 as a backend! That way you could easily control music playback and edit playlists from another computer.
- Play media directly from bluetooth device.
- Add the ability to feed RSS information to MythOSD with a scroller mode, to accomplish a news-channel-style ticker that can be displayed over other television shows, or even just in the GUI.
- Similar to above, but perhaps simpler: Ability to pull up MythNews while watching live TV, similar to launching the Program Guide, with LiveTV shown in a small PIP window as when viewing the Program Guide. This would allow us to read news stories while watching live TV during commercials, and we would know when our program comes back on.
- Honour the http_proxy environment variable, or should allow a http or socks proxy to be set up elsewhere. (also applies to MythWeather)
- news-sites.xml file updated from MythTV repository(SVN fixes branch?) during launch of news-settings. Would allow URLs to be updated from a central source to remedy dead and changing urls. An accompanying setting to NOT use MythTV online news source.
- Support for multiple xml files of feeds, and breaking up of current news-sites.xml into logical categories that can conveniently be enabled or disabled.
- Facility to sync individual xml files from the web - decentralize the maintenance of feed lists. As an example, I have a collection of YouTube "channels" I'd put on my website and advertise for broader consumption.
- Support a multi-level navigation system for browsing feeds categorically rather than one long list.
- Give a link to open the full article in the default browser.
- Lots of nice little ideas for MythNotify 2, 3}, most of them pretty 'one of a kind' cases though.
- Provide an onscreen IM client (based on MythNotify ?) Ideally it should integrate with GAIM and allow an IM chat in transparent text while watching TV with variable font size - possibly using GAIMnOSD
- Run a command when no input is detected, for example to switch on a decoder box or send a "Help!" mail or something.
- MythTV watchdog, which would store crash reports to be sent together with bugreports.
- Sending logs via email, probably good for an howto to do that with existing programs (logrotate or something?)
- Add support for dns SRV records.
- Add Skype support to MythPhone
- Add Asterisk integration and configuration details to MythPhone and docs
- Add Gizmo Project/Google Talk integration
- Add Open Zoep integration
- Add fax capabilities
- Change SIP server port (currently hard coded to 5060)
- Ability to set the subtitles directory. Internal plays only subtitles which are in the same folder as a video.
- Magnetic file recognition, if you have a movie in multiple rar:s and you execute the movie without unpacking it first it should play the whole movie (all rar:s)
- Ability to, while adding IMDB thumbnail pictures to your movies, to filter out, a: movies that will never have a thumbnail or imdb information, and b: movies that already have imdb information. This way you can easily "fix" any movies that dont have this information yet, opposed to searching and scrolling through hundreds of movies already added, trying to find the broken or newly added movies.
- Actor/actress metadata linking to other movies.
- Add the ability to render the metadata contained in the Mytharchive exported xml (it creates a recording file and a metadata file) file. This would allow Mytharchive to export a recording to the Mythvideo directory and use the metadata that comes from the program info when the show was originally recorded. Perfect for music specials.
- Allow browsing of multiple directories (possibly on multiple harddrives) (<-- a quick workaround is to use links)
- along with the preview function , there could be an option to play a pre-determined number of trailers when a movie is selected (just like in a cinema where you see the trailers of upcoming movies before the main feature)
- Automatically added new files to the database.
- Automatically change Xine/MPlayer (etc.) keybindings file when you change MythTV hotkeys (seems difficult to me - HenkPoley). Or just a webpage with Xine/MPlayer configs that conform to MythTV default keybindings.
- Better TV support - find TV titles on IMDB (allow users to specify filename format, maybe), in gallery view, show only one entry per show which lets you select a particular episode, etc., etc., etc... -- Update -- You can do this with metadatacleanup.sh a small set of scripts that were written. Pulls the data from Tvrage.com and does it quite well. Does not presently work IN the frontend, you need to run it from the console, but it does download the descriptions, directors, actors, and creates a screenshot for the program. It also changes the imdb tag on the file to 1 so that it will not check the same files over and over again. While not a perfect solution, I have used it to solve about 90% of my TV show organizational problems. You can read more and download the plugin HERE
- Browse by genre (e.g. Select a movie by Action->Adventure->Terminator or Adventure->Action->Terminator etc. Like the tree view but genres instead of directories. Would be very fast to find a movie you want to see. Mostly addressed by patch #3008.
- Browse tree by genre. Maybe even multiple genres. This is the same as above and is mostly addressed by patch #3008.
- Browsing faster on big systems (with a thousand movies it rarely takes less than 500 milliseconds to display a new line, there is no technical reason why this should take more than 10 milliseconds and can be done by simple optimization (some fail-safe are too easily triggered causing a huge hit in performance))
- Custom filters for sorting. If I, during setup, added a category "dvd9" then there should be a filter to be able to sort by that. OR, mythvideo should display this category that I defined, so that I may browse through those movies.
- Director photos in metadata.
- DVD Chapter names, and Matroska Chapter names. It seems other media players connect to a web service to retrieve chapter names based on the DVD. These would be a nice addition to the current "Title 18 of 23" text.
- Eye candy like animated cover in OpenGL / or like glass, gloom, light effect with the imagemagik or gd lib( es. the effect on the userbar )
- Hashing method for the single file movies (ISO, avi, mpg, etc) to separate the relationship from the filename and the IMDB informations.
- Series browser Link Fixed A small idea to make series browsing easy in MythVideo.
- In mythvideo setup, allow a user to define categories, and allow a user to add his collection based on his already-sorted.movies to those categories. Example: If I have a directory called "adult" then mythvideo should automatically assume that every file and every directory underneath that are adult material. The same with DVD movies. I could "mass-add" an entire category of movies soley based on the directory in which these movies reside.
- Keep in mind that many mythtv, and by extension, mythvideo users already have a sizable collection of sorted movies. So setting up mythvideo should more easily adapt to a pre-existing sort method, rather than a user having to fit his movies into the way mythvideo wants to catalog them. For example: I have my movies already categorized by directories. A directory name for type of movie (DVD, adult, Divx, etc), then _individual_ directories underneath that for each and every movie. This is a very common way of sorting movies. The reason for this is that the directory name gives specific details about the the movie, whether its DVD9, divx, xvid, etc.
- Mark in different Color (yellow etc..) Videos/Movies that have been watched before, so new videos/movies are easily distinguished from already viewed ones!
- Matroska-support of the Internal Player needs improvement. (Make seeking and subtitles work and playback of alternate audio tracks)
- Merge 2 ( or more ) cd film in a unique metadata. Example: We have matrix, splited into 2 cd, matrix cd1 and matrix cd2. On the manager video we see the film in two files ( or two metadata ) but when we go on list video, browse video etc we see only a file ( or a metadata ), and when we go to play it, we first play the cd 1, and in auto, the last 2 cd. So it's more friendly, easy and publish to see and use.
- Randomize function, in this mode the movies are sorted randomnly instead of by alphabetic order. Also ability to start a random movie. Possibly add an extra item that shows in each folder, which plays a random video from the current folder (or its subfolders)?
- Remember the directory name that every movie resides in. The reason for this is that if you move your movies around, mythvideo forgets which IMDB thumbnail picture belongs to which movie... or adding to the dir name the IMDB magic number so the retrivial imdb script can go without any hesitation.
- Screen capture as the poster for videos that aren't found on IMDB. (See Generatevideothumbs.pl)
- If no cover art specified in database, look for (.jpg|.png|.gif) file. (Similar to folder.png for folders)
- Scrolling pages, this mode could be just like "browse view" except that the movie being reviewed changes after a certain amount of time, and not just "jump" but scroll horizontally or vertically at a slow pace, it would be interesting to have this mode randomly select the next movie to display, the advantage of this is that no user intervention is needed so the user doesn't have to actively "reject" a movie also the scrolling sets a pace for browsing so that the user doesn't get bored too quickly
- Search feature.
- Solve the following scalability problem, on a system with a large number of movies (and tv episodes) you get "L'embaras du choix", from observing users watching habits it was found that long-term users of the system watched a disproportionate number of movies that start with A, B and C or sometime complaining about a lack of choice or "new" because on a system with a vast selection going through the list that's a lot of time even on fast systems (because of technical and practical reasons this can be improved a lot, but not enough to solve this problem, you can't browse faster than you can read) another fundamental reason why this happens is because users aren't compelled to watch unknown movies, often just reading the title isn't enough to motivate the user, in this way mythvideo helps by displaying a poster picture but it doesn't quite cut it at this point more is needed to "sell" the movies in the list, this can be done by adding new browsing modes and other ideas might be found by looking at how movies and rentals are advertised to the consuming public, movies trailers are probably one of the most effective and implementable way to do this, since they are free for download on the internet
- Sort movies by datestamp while browsing.
- Sort videos by file creation date. When you rip and add a bunch of movies at once, it can be easy to forget what's new in your collection. It would be nice if there were a 'Recently added' section or at least some way to display movies by file creation date.
- Trailers function, ideally this plays a previously downloaded movie trailer, ideally while watching a trailer pressing a certain key would start the movie associated with the trailer (this makes using mplayer "bare" difficult, maybe mythvideo could start mplayer embedded and trap certain keys) another key could skip to the next trailer, rewind or pause the trailer and finally return to mythvideo (maybe with the associated movie selected) additionally the title could be displayed on OSD while the trailer is being played maybe along with other information such as IMDB rating, and randomly selected IMDB comments
- Underscores on title display should be ignored. Filename: Foo_bar.mkv. Display: Foo bar
- Under the Video Manager, instead of a single vast list of all available movies, use the tree form that is available in the regular MythVideo window. When you have more 100+ videos it becomes increasingly annoying to scroll down for 2 minutes to find a movie to edit.
- Use Mythvideo as a base for creating a Mythmedia plugin which would join the functionality of Mythmusic, Mythvideo, Mythgallery and TVrecordings. The general architecture could be a display engine and a playlist engine. The display portion should include configurable display and import. The playlist portion would have many different types, such as: organize tv series into a playlist for display and playback, use special playlist type to group movies in multiple files and just display one movie entry, create playlists with a movie, a musical selection with visualization, photos and some recorded tv, and finally use playlist to allow a video and/or photo montage with background music from your music collection. The display and playlist portion would become very complex, but I believe this would create a very integrated media experience.
- View modes unique for different directories, or categories maybe. Essentially looking through directories of movies it would be nice to see the Gallery view to see the imdb posters, but TV shows just need the browse or list view as no posters are available and number of episodes make the gallery view infeasible.
- Ability to delete files and folders during and after playback, as per recorded TV.
- A search feature for finding videos in a large library.
- Multiple Audio Track Support
- Play media directly from bluetooth device.
- A AccuWeather grabber for MythWeather. I have working perl code lined up, but still need some information to sort stuff out with AccuWeather, see also my message(s) on the myth-dev list.
- In detail information about each recorded show, the "More:" there is a link for "Search IMDB", "Search TV.com", and "Search Google". There should be a link to Search Wikipedia.
- Add photo album support to MythWeb (something like JAlbum or gallery)
- Add option in MythWeb to send a line of text to MythNotify - like a one-way page (probably most useful to add under backend status - where you can see that TV is on, and someone is likely to be in front of TV)
- Template Engine for Mythweb, for a easier way to create skins.
- Recognize program categories (in program listing) independantly of interface language (ie 'Doku' should not only show up as documentary when interface is German, ...)
- Ability to change the job queue (remove a job from the queue, stop a job, etc.)
- Add a "short" option to the "Recorded Program" view. Omit the image, description and flag list so that each entry is only one or two lines long on the screen, sort of like the "Upcoming Recordings" screen.
- Add the "original air date" field to the end of the description for each item in the "Recorded Programs" view which has one.
- Ability to use MythArchive through MythWeb, making it a fast way to select recordings.
- Split the chan-edit page into pages of 30-40 channels per page since when having more than 100-150 channels it becomes horrible slow and above 300 channels it's impossible to do anything useful via that page. And sql-queries, in all their glory, should not be a requirement to modify channel-info :)
- To simplify the initial setup of mythtv the following ideas might be useful. (all from the chan-edit page)
- Ability to add the missing channel icons through MythWeb.
- Button to get a snapshot that opens a new window with an image from that channel so it's easy to identify what channel it is.
- If you have run a tv_grab of the channels you have via xmltv without having the correct xmltvid's you get a dumb list without any freq's. Skip to display those but use them for a dropdown menu that you then can use to select what a specific channel is, and set the name a and callsign too from the xmltv data too. This should probably be an option since it can still be useful to get a plain list that you just then type in the freq's for the different channels.
- On the "list" page, add a link to list only your favorite channels. Should (?) be a simple fix in the PHP.
- Transcoding from Mythweb - It would handy to be able to start transcoding jobs from MythWeb. Even better would be if it gave an estimate of the transcoded file size so that you could decide whether it was worth doing at that bitrate. Can kick off the transcode job in 0.21, but for configurations with multiple mythbackends, the transcode job needs to run on the machine that performed the recording.
- Add jukebox support to mythweb's mp3act based music implementation, as found in current versions of mp3act -- Messiah (Moved from FAQ by GBee, no verification made on validity of facts in request)
- Ability to change the channel on an existing schedule, rather than delete it and create a new schedule.
- Show transcoder quality under Backend Status - Job Queue pop-up window to remind user what the transcoder quality was set to.
- Ability to start backend slaves (via wol) when scheduling a new recording. This is useful when you are running the mythweb server on a machine that doesn't have any tv cards.
- When editing channels it would be nice to have seperate lists per source, show/hide visible channels, show/hide channels without an xml-id, show/hide channels with eit enabled, show/hide channels with ad-free set. Sort by name, xmltvid, channel-number. And also (for those with loads of channels) have an option that limits the number of channels per page.
- The flash video player should detect the aspect ratio and change size accordingly.
- Add ability to add movies to Netflix queue.
- Make MythFlix completely configurable from Mythfrontend
- Add similar functionality for other countries: notably 'lovefilm.com' queues in the U.K.
- Add ability to deinterlace MPEG2 files. Let user select this, as some HDTV signals say they are progressive, but they broadcast interlaced in a progressive "wrapper"
- Add ability to crop video image screen. Some HDTV broadcasters add black bars on the right and left of the older 3:4 format screens to make it fit the HDTV 1080i transmit signal. Allow cropping on right/left and top/bottom of video program. Some older programs have about 6 lines across the top that are not video information.
- Make it easier to just copy mpeg files to dvd as per myth-roast without the need to transcode.
- Ability to cut video that is of a specific aspect ratio without the need to transcode the original MPEG2 (useful for older 4:3 programs that have guaranteed 16:9 adverts), in a similar way to how ProjectX does it.
- Ability to order the programs in the menu, so that for a series/season the episodes are in order.
- Although the DVD themes/styles released together with MythArchive are quite pretty and stylish already, the pre-defined menu backgrounds and audio clips might not be suitable for all types of recordings. Hence it might be nice to let the user select from a collection of background images (perhaps taken from MythGallery?) and menu music tracks (from MythMusic?) and dynamically insert the corresponding paths into the selected theme xml file. (In the old MythBurn web interface this was quite easily acomplished by just dropping all your background images and audio clips into the right MythBurn installation directories and re-installing MythBurn, which was, from my point of view, way easier than editing xml files manually...)
- Please bring back those animated menu thumbnails we used to enjoy with MythBurn...! [Implemented with Ticket #2667 -- thanks! :-)]
- Another feature that I really miss in MythArchive, as compared to MythBurn, is the automatic re-compression of recordings in order to fit on a DVD. In case this gets re-implemented, it might be smart (though time-consuming) to determine the re-compression factor after applying cut-lists since this usually shrinks recordings anyway. [Heureka -- just realized that this feature is already implemented in the 0.20-fixes branch! :-)]
- I would really like to see teletext subtitle support in the burned dvds. Since mythtv already has information about the different subtitles/languages and on which teletext page they can be found perhaps this is something that could be used by mytharchive? Perhaps you could show a list of available subtitles next to the "use cut list". That way you could easily select the subtitle you would like to include in the dvd. Project-X supports extracting teletext subtitles to the ascii text file ".sub" format which is also supported by dvdauthor/spumux to add subtitles to a mpeg2 video stream. This feature would be useful for burning recordings in foreign languages. At the moment there is no use burning foreign movies for me since i won't understand what they are saying without subtitles. The command line argument for extracting subtitles with projectx would look something like this:
java -jar ProjectX.jar -ini X.ini -demux /recorded_tv/Name_of_recording.mpg -name subtitle.sub This command would output the file "subtitle.sub" which can be easily muxed into a mpeg2 file with spumux (comes with dvdauthor). The file "X.ini" contains the configuration for projectx, like which audio/video/subtitle streams to demux and what teletext page to output to a .sub file. The file is human readable and pretty straight forward to understand. You can easily create a default one by using the projectx gui. The .ini file would then be easy to edit with "sed" to change to the correct teletext page in order to demux the correct language from the original recording. (Now included in 0.21)
- Support for splitting large files into several smaller files when burned in native format. I like to burn my HD recordings the same way they were broadcast so as to not loose quality, but can't burn anything larger than ~4GB due to ISO9660 level 3 limitations. Another possible alternative is to add UDF burning support which supports larger files, but I've had troubles with some large files on this too.
- Remember items which were encoded before (and still exist) and use them rather than re-encoding every show every time. This is quite useful if an error in the last few phases (bad dvd, etc.) so that the user doesn't have to wait another couple of hours to get a result.
- Add the ability to add a recording directly to mytharchive from the watch recording page.
- Add an option to insert Chapter breaks at commercial flags from recordings. Or any method of inserting Chapters ;) [patch in ticket 3655? Seems to no longer work, crashes when mythburn is called]
- Add the progress of MythArchive to the status page for Mythbackend so we can tell from a remote location when the archive process is finished.
- Currently the Tuner status section of the display shows the status of only one tuner then flips to the next, instead it should scroll through a continuous list of all the tuners. The current method wastes screen space by showing only one line for idle tuners, making you wait for ages for it to get to the active tuner/s. An alternative may be to bunch all of the idle tuners into one page so that the user doesn't have to wait for it to flip through several pages.
- Provide Timeshifted Radio via the Griffin Radio shark using ecasound
- MythFM isn't an official or supported plugin