From MythTV Official Wiki
Revision as of 20:35, 8 May 2014 by GBee
MythTV supports many broadcast standards including:
- DVB-T, SVB-T2
- DVB-S, DVB-S2
- Analogue NTSC, PAL and SECAM
- IPTV (RTSP, ...)
- HTTP Live Streaming
Powerful TV recording/playback features:
- Programme guide support for Over-the-air programming (EIT), XMLTV and Schedules Direct
- Powerful rule-based recording - Create a rule for what you want to watch, MythTV will work out when it's on and schedule the recording for you. The rule can be as simple (e.g. "The Simpsons") or as powerful ("one episode of 'News' on channel X per day and only keep the three newest") as you want.
- Recording groups - Group recordings together in the way that works for you (e.g. "Mum's", "Dad's" etc. or "Cop shows", "Cookery" etc.)
- Cut-lists - Mark sections of a recording (e.g. adverts) to skip during playback.
- Variable-rate playback - Slow playback down to get a sequence in slow-motion, or speed it up to watch more in less time
- Subtitles - Support for displaying DVB/Teletext/Closed caption subtitles.
- Watch in-progress recordings from any point.
- High Definition and Standard Definition video!
- 1080p, 1080i, 720p, PAL, NTSC and SECAM
- Codecs: AVC (H.264), MPEG-2, VC1, OGV
- Containers: MPEG-TS, Matroska (MKV), AVI
- Full DVD menu and playback from physical discs, ISO images or files.
- High Definition Blu-ray playback from physical discs, ISO images or files
- Hardware video decoding and rendering:
- XVDPAU, VAAPI, OpenGL, OpenGL ES
- High Definition audio
- Up to 7.1 Channel Surround Sound Audio
- 7.1, 5.1, Stereo, Mono and split channel Stereo
- Upmixing from Stereo to 5.1 Channel Surround Sound
MythTV supports remote control by several means:
- HDMI CEC (Consumer Electronics Control)
- Infrared remote controls including RC6!
- Radio Frequency remote controls
- Over the internet via a built-in webserver
- Android Apps for Phones and Tablets
- iPhone and iPad Apps