On the Operating system page, there are links to other peoples' pages about running/installing MythTV on FreeBSD, but as far as Nigel can tell, they are for MythTV-0.21 and don't help with Qt4, or MythTV trunk. These steps should help anyone on FreeBSD 7.2.
0) I installed FreeBSD from the DVD. Standard install, Devel + X-Windows package set, ports package management, MBR,
1) I am behind a proxy server, so as root I edited /etc/make.conf and added a line like:
2) Install sudo, because I try to minimise un-necessary root commands. As root, do:
cd /usr/ports/security/sudo make install rehash visudo
and add a user privilege specification for yourself. I just copied the root ALL one.
3) Install the pre-requisites; lame, mysql and qt:
cd /usr/ports/audio/lame sudo make install cd /usr/ports/devel/qt4 sudo make install cd /usr/ports/databases/qt4-mysql-plugin sudo make install
In the first Qt options screen, enable TOOLS. Just use the defaults in all the other options. It might be possible to install some smaller qt4 packages (e.g. qt4-corelib, qt4-corelib, qt4-qt3support) but Nigel hasn't worked out how yet.
4) Install subversion:
cd /usr/ports/devel/subversion sudo make install
(I also exited ~/.subversion/servers and added a proxy)
5) Download the source code, configure, make:
svn co http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/mythtv mythtv cd mythtv ./configure --extra-cflags=-I/usr/local/include --extra-ldflags=-L/usr/local/lib --disable-opengl make
That dies when trying to link in libGL. I'm working on it