- EPG: Retrieve channels and programs data with filtering capabilities. Retrieve channels icon;
- Scheduling: List, add, change and remove recording schedules;
- Recorded programs: List, remove, download and stream recorded programs;
- Live TV: Control the backend remote recorder, switch channels and access Live TV content.
GMyth provides remote access and needs few dependencies. It is built in the top of Glib/GObject APIs and calls the libmysqlclient to access the Mythtv backend database. It comes with two command line sample applications:
- gmyth-ls: Lists the recorded programs or the available livetv channels;
- gmyth-cat: Similar to the linux cat command. Reads a recorded program or a livetv channel and ouputs its data to the standard output.
Some other piece of software has been developed to help applications to play Mythtv recorded videos and Live TV:
- GMythStream: A server developed in python to make live transcode of mythtv content and stream via HTTP.
- Mythtvsrc: A GStreamer source plugin to access mythtv recorded videos and livetv channels.
- Nuvdemux: A GStreamer demux plugin for the nuv container format.
- Mythtv gnomevfs module: Allows gnomevfs client applications to access the Mythtv content through a uri such as: myth://host:port/filename.nuv.