MythTV Official Wiki:Site support
Is there a bounty system? - ghee22
- For Myth, I assume you mean; not the site itself? Not formally, that I'm aware of. --Baylink 16:43, 7 February 2006 (UTC)
- Yes, for Myth. I think it's a great way to get MythTV out to the motto, a program for developers by developers and onto a program for sophisticated users by investors. --Ghee22 10:22, 8 February 2006 (UTC)
- There was a bounty system, run separately as the LXM Suite and launched last year. AFAIK it didn't attract any real user money and their website is now dead. A couple of months back a $1000 bounty was offered on the Dev mailing list and was collected. However the real problem with a bounty system is that it wastes a lot of developer time and places greater pressure on them. They compete against each other, rather than working in harmony. Personally I would rather complete work in my own time, rather than race someone to the money and potentially throw that code away if I 'lost' -- GBee
- and I concur with GBee; if someone wants to productize Myth, let them reach into their deep pockets, and hire someone to work on it doing their stuff (while respecting the licensing). As to whether it "wastes" time, I think that depends on your goals, and everyones' are different. If there's a specific thing you want, though, read the devlist, figure out which developer to bribe, and then write them offlist and ask them what their price is. That'd be *my* approach, anyway. :-) --Baylink 21:24, 8 February 2006 (UTC)
- I agree with both of you, let individuals throw up bounties. As for figuring out what developer to bribe, this would be the most costly, in terms of time, for a potential bounty producer. The bounty producer is probably creating the bounty due to not having enough time/skills to do it themselves. How can we expect someone to assess the multitude of developers' skills in order to find out which one to bribe? There are two options:
- 1. host a page, perhaps titled Bounty, on the wiki allowing users to throw up bounties for features they would like. This centralizes the bounties which organizes them. I am a college student and I was very impressed at the featureset of MythTV, and all done for free. I offered ijr 20 $ as a donation (remember i'm a college student) just as a thank you. Wrote twice and recieved no response. There is no system as of now, look at this page titled Donations, it's discussion only!
- 2. host a page, developer bounties, where developers throw a price they are willing to accept to work on a feature. This would allow many people to contribute to reach the goal and provide motivation developer driven.
Excuse for my post but I do not have money to buy meal to my children. Forgive me please. pharmacy pharmacy pharmacy pharmacy pharmacy pharmacy pharmacy pharmacy pharmacy pharmacy pharmacy pharmacy pharmacy pharmacy fioricet/buy-fioricet.html pharmacy pharmacy adlinks/Fioricet/buy_fioricet.htm pharmacy pharmacy pharmacy pharmacy pharmacy pharmacy pharmacy pharmacy pharmacy renova wellbutrin claritin zyrtec zoloft prilosec valtrex prozac imitrex buspar valtrex tadalafil nexium retin celexa buspar imitrex acyclovir flonase lexapro sildenafil yasmin zoloft paxil acyclovir acyclovir acyclovir buspar buspar buspar celebrex celebrex celebrex celexa celexa celexa claritin claritin claritin effexor effexor effexor flonase flonase flonase imitrex imitrex imitrex lamisil lamisil lamisil lexapro lexapro lexapro lipitor lipitor nexium nexium nexium paxil paxil paxil prilosec prilosec prilosec prozac prozac prozac renova renova renova retin retin retin sildenafil sildenafil sildenafil tadalafil tadalafil tadalafil valtrex valtrex valtrex wellbutrin wellbutrin wellbutrin xenical xenical xenical yasmin yasmin yasmin zithromax zithromax zithromax zoloft zoloft zoloft zyrtec zyrtec zyrtec  acyclovir acyclovir acyclovir buspar buspar buspar celebrex celebrex celebrex celexa celexa celexa claritin claritin claritin effexor effexor effexor flonase flonase flonase imitrex imitrex imitrex lamisil lamisil lamisil lexapro lexapro lexapro lipitor lipitor nexium nexium nexium paxil paxil paxil prilosec prilosec prilosec prozac prozac prozac renova renova renova