MythTV on Android
MythTV runs on Android but an official apk is not distributed, here is how to build an android package for yourself.
It uses Linux as the build platform, and opengl as the display layer.
Background & Caveats
Currently it is not very well tested
Only the frontend works.
- Tt works the same way it does on Linux.
- The same themes (or new ones) or any downloadable ones work.
- Live TV works with program guide to change channels.
- Playback gesture key mapping is reconfigurable with phpmyadmin.
- Guide gesture mapping is (currently) Fixed and Click does not work.
- Only OpenGL Mode for rendering and playback.
- You cant return from setup screens in OpenGL mode, but it works in Qt rendering mode.
What doesn't work?
- No backend (currently)
- Builds are device specific.
- playback is a bit hiccuppy.
- not all screens have even rudimentary gesture support.
Unofficial Android Pre-Builds
Some master only builds exist on http://www.digivation.com.au/debian with various dates.
Existing these work fine and the click sensitivity make it quite usable.
Currently there does not exist any special themes for touch screen usage.
To build MythTV for android, use the following steps.