MythTV on Mac x86
MythTV currently does not build on the new Intel based Apple Macintosh platforms. This page is intended to share information among the people attempting to get this working.
In the 'contrib' directory of the MythTV source code, there is a perl script which automates the build process for MythTV on MacOS systems. The script is called osx-packager.pl. My descriptions of changes needed assume that script as a starting point.
Here's a brief summary of chages I made to get further into the build process (updated with Brendan White's config info):
- Override URL for libdvdnav in osx-packager.pl, was not available where the script was looking for it. I set it to: http://umn.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/dvd/libdvdnav-0.1.10.tar.gz
- libdvdnav: Endian byte swapping missing from bswap.h. Probably due to not recognizing the arch. Added the generic example macro in the 'else' case & it compiled.
- libexif: compile failed. comment out the 'static' in exif-utils.c line 83.
- libdvdread: Endian byte swapping missing from bswap.h. Probably due to not recognizing the arch. Added the generic example macro in the 'else' case & it compiled.
- Update osx-packager.pl to add configure parameters used in building MythTV. In the section "configure mythplugins, and mythtv, etc", the 'mythtv' portion should look something like this:
'mythtv' => [ '--disable-distcc', '--disable-mmx', '--arch=i686', '--extra-cxxflags=-msse -msse2 -msse3', '--prefix=' . $PREFIX, ],
- Fix mythtv/libs/libavcodec/liba52/resample.c -- Even though mmx has been disabled, there are some silly assumptions in this file. remove the ifdef that includes resample_mmx.c. Also remove the ifdef ARCH_X86 stanzas.
- 3rd bswap.h patch, this time in mythlibdvd
- Fix BaseClasses.h (called from Actions.cpp), #include <malloc.h> to #include <sys/malloc.h>
The binary is compiling now. But, when it is executed, the following error is generated:
dyld: Symbol not found: __ZTV24CaptionServiceDescriptor Referenced from: /Users/tji/Build/MythTV/MythFrontend.app/Contents/MacOS/./../Frameworks/mythtv.framework/mythtv Expected in: flat namespace Trace/BPT trap