Play Recordings On Windows
Once MythTV has been setup there are a few options to allow playback of TV recordings from the Windows platform.
- MythTv Player - MythTv Player is a free and simple Myth client and player for Windows.
- XBMC Xbox media center is now available on windows, and can play recordings and live tv.
The following require Samba shares setup to view recordings
- Tapeworm - TapeWorm is a "parasitic" Windows front end for MythTV
note tapeworm doesn't work with multiple Storage pools and project is not active anymore
- Play_Recordings_On_Windows_From_MythWeb using Samba shares, VLC and the Firefox Launchy add-on
- Samba using mythrename.pl to generate human readable filenames using Media Player Classic Homecinema to playback recordings
example samba share /etc/samba/smb.conf
[tvrecordings] comment = mythtv tv recordings path = /video/tvrec
ensure world has read access to files
chmod +r /video/tvrec