Release Notes - 29
From MythTV Official Wiki
(Redirected from Release Notes)
Key New Features
Added support libraries/prerequisites
Removed support libraries/prerequisites
Special Notices & Instructions
- [45b8725] MythFrontend: Allow playback of streamed https:// files
- [119d733] Fixes #12960 - Remote idle frontend wakes backend if WOL is set
- [4dc5ef3] Fix database WOL settings being lost if you connect via UPNP.
- [e2cb383] Fix occasional segfault when cancelling startup page.
- [d13bce6] Add a SEARCH button to the MythTV Startup window
- [3db436f] Prevent segfault when OpenGL is set on remote X11 session.
- [e9daa4e] Fix frontend failure when using QT painter with OpenGL video
- [03b9b4e] Minor fixes for MythTV Startup Page.
- [0a46103] Fix UPNP for selecting backend when there is a PIN set
- [ef7e594] Fix UPNP detection of backends to ignore link-local IPV6 addresses
- [f5bb7fd] Change the new MythTV startup screen to handle UPNP locating of backend.
- [37c172e] Add a new MythTV startup page.
- [7723e5e] Fix for wrong theme version being downloaded
-  Change default theme to MythCenter and improve MythCenter.
Key Bindings, Jump Points, and Input Devices
- [37ef0fa] Python: Fix bookmarkupdate error
- [ce1935b] Python: Restore chanId/startTime API for recordings
Guide Data, EIT, Program Info, and Media Metadata
- [5933e03] mythfilldatabase: Also try matching ATSC major.minor when update xmltvid.
- [d58a00e] mythfilldatabase: Handle duplicate programratings. Fixes #12914
-  EIT: Refs #12548. Add several more multiplexes
- [7388b5a] Fix bugs that occur when using a different video mode for playback.
- [f5fb29d] Fixes #12586 - Jump Points not working when a MythNotification is displayed.
- [ae81146] Fix stream change handling in playback
- [4920cb2] Add "Watch This Channel" to guide select menu when appropriate.
- [121b636] Fix for 3db436f "Prevent segfault when OpenGL is set on remote X11 session." preventing OS X playback.
Disc Playback (DVD, Blu-Ray, etc) and Media Detection
OSD, EPG, MHEG, CC, and Subtitles
- [79844ba] Add IPv6 UPNP support
- [8b5e507] Disable MythTV IPv6 use for systems that do not have IPv6 support.
- [ed3b8d4] Frontend reset socket connections after resuming from suspend
- [f96871d] Removed checks for QT_NO_IPV6.
- [e6f11ce] Networking improvements
- [d8e5e0f] Support ipv6 link-local addresses for soap client.
- [82d36c7] Support for IPV6 link-local addresses.
Scanning and Tuner/Recorder Support
- [24064ac] Channel Scanner GUI: Add percentage text back in.
- [b565941] IPTV Tuner: fix recording/playing simultaneous RTSP streams
- [2a0fda6] ExternalStreamHandler: Don't issue XOFF unless we are not keeping up with the data. It was unnecessarily throttling the throughput.
- [2a66730] ExternalStreamHandler: Under stress, the external application may not respond as quick as we would like. Give it a few tries before aborting.
- [fc9c6d4] ExternalStreamHandler: Try and be a little more tolerant of slightly misbehaving external recorders. Cleanup better when things go wrong.
- [74230a2] VBox: Relax the firmware version check to allow for VJ.x.xx versions
- [0bfcd20] VBOX: don't ignore channels using T2/S2 if the tuner can handle them
- [46ffbdf] VBOX: fix the channel scanner always saying it found no channels
- [bb5daa9] VBOX: bump the minimum firmware version to 2.50
- [d4c0f13] VBOX: Add multi-record support to the vbox recorder
- [90249b4] VBOX: Prevent "VBox: Found possible VBox at Ceton InfiniTV Ethernet"
Other Hardware "Support"
- [27d348f] Webfrontend: update Content Security Policy with latest changes.
- [21a652e] Scheduler: For consistency, put  around card_id in log messages.
- [30d8a96] Fix refresh all in mythfilldatabase
- [499e541] Fixes #13015 - mythfilldatabase leap-second problem.
- [ee7052f] New feature for mythfilldatabase to optionally not use allatonce.
Setup / mythtv-setup
- [071dd75] Settings: Port the playback profile editor to MythUI
- [0a52dfd] Settings: Fix incorrect signal/slot connection
- [0f9df2a] Settings: Don't display hidden settings
- [11008ca] Settings: Add setVisible and clearTargetedSettings methods
- [15776b1] Settings: Allow individual video sources to be deleted through the menu
- [1728e4f] Settings: Fix some settings being incorrectly marked as changed
- [174b8bf] Settings: Add setValue(int) variant
- [19c2983] Settings: Add a method to add several targeted settings
- [2052b11] Settings: Start converting capture card settings to MythUI
- [2323c5f] Settings: Add method to remove a child
- [2d452a2] Settings: Port the storage group editor to MythUI
- [33ab614] Settings: Port most of the frontend settings to MythUI
-  Settings: Make sure the current value is displayed in combo boxes
- [3af397f] Settings: Remove TODO comment
- [400f4a2] Settings: Add support for deleting playback groups
- [444c40a] Settings: Rename the playback group class to minimize translation impact
- [4b2ca8c] Settings: Convert the DiSEqC settings to MythUI
- [4c43727] Settings: API updates
-  Settings: Make signal/slot connections work by moving the objects to the main thread
- [59e3e7b] Settings: Remove inheritance to TriggeredConfigurationGroup for some classes
- [5f6f1c1] Settings: Port the channel editor to MythUI
- [6375cd4] Settings: Port the channel scanner to MythUI
-  Settings: Remove a no longer relevant comment
- [7501ec4] Settings: Avoid marking the screen refresh rate as changed
- [75e6dd0] Settings: Port the recording & transcoder profiles to MythUI
- [8a712a6] Settings: Remove settings.h from standardsettings.h
- [90222be] Settings: Fix compilation when debug is enabled
- [950d116] Settings: Tweak the default theme
- [957c154] Settings: Port the Mac settings to MythUI
- [9d80fe7] Settings: Remove use of deprecated qVariantValue
- [b139c82] Settings: Add methods to MythUIComboBoxSetting
- [b8d9595] Settings: Port the backend settings in mythtv-setup to MythUI
- [ba64332] Settings: Add new settings classes using MythUI
- [bdeed99] Settings: Add method to delete a targeted child
- [c809f49] Settings: Rework how settings are loaded and saved
- [c86d1fe] Settings: Only emit valueChanged if the value was actually changed
- [cf753f5] Settings: Add legacy setName/byName interface
- [da28762] Settings: Move the new playback group editor to libmythtv
- [e3f957f] Settings: Avoid marking the audio device as changed
- [e673108] Settings: Port the creation of input groups to MythUI
- [ea41315] Settings: Don't hardcode fallback strings for the help & title text areas
- [eaa5316] Settings: Port the transport editor to MythUI
- [ec642bb] Settings: Port MythTerminal to MythUI
- [efbf982] Settings: Remove MythUIComboBoxSetting inheritance from MythUISpinBoxSetting
- [f0c69c7] Settings: Add support for hiding passwords in text entries
- [f488b25] Settings: Fix settings incorrectly being marked as changed
- [bccb8c9] Add missing terminal window to theme.
- [c80482f] Fix missing support for allow_single_step in spin boxes.
- [7a1ab50] Fix transport editor segfault and implement adding a transport
- [b543220] Fix channel scan overlapping controls.
- [f4f98f9] Eliminate extra page in capture card setup.
- [7d2be78] Fixes for MythUI settings
- [5cd39f1] More Fixes for incorrect save prompt in General Setup
- [6869ba6] Fix incorrect save prompt in General Setup
- [420a1ea] Fixes for MythUI settings
- [eba33b5] Fix backend setup when specific IPv4 and IPv6 addresses are used.
- [65f9928] Fix Channel editor missing setting
-  MythUI: Allow functions as slots in MythMenu and ShowOkPopup
- [495eb20] MythUI: Add a spinbox dialog
- [d9f88c9] MythUIButtonList: Skip disabled buttons when moving around
- [254aa41] MythArchive: Convert the settings to use MythUI
-  MythArchive: update the initial seek amount text on the thumb image finder
- [abb2250] MythArchive: guard against an empty deleteMap in the thumb image finder
- [f2182a7] Gallery: Convert the settings to use MythUI
- [336193d] Gallery: Change crumb separator
- [4e70774] Gallery: Add keybinding to set covers
- [75a698e] Gallery: Add status delay
- [94e13f9] Gallery: Preserve aspect of folder thumbnails
- [c327f81] Gallery: Don't show folder dates in caption
- [c41c6e7] Gallery: Add slideshow jump forward/back
- [e7b50cd] Gallery: Add European caption date formats
- [ed7473f] Gallery: Reset theme widgets correctly
- [2b3ecd7] MythGame: Partially convert the settings to use MythUI
- [258ba1f] musicscanner: Compare music_directory.path as binary
- [1b6308a] mythmusic: remove defunct lyrdb lyrics grabber
-  mythmusic: fix the genius lyrics grabber
- [2cfbfa4] mythmusic: add a LetsSingIt lyrics grabber
- [6df9ccd] mythmusic: fix the lyricswiki lyrics grabber
- [853c9bd] mythmusic: various tweaks to the lyrics grabbers
- [9156dfb] mythmusic: add new Lyrics.Com lyrics grabber
- [d22cd8f] mythmusic: add alsong lyrics grabber
- [783d36a] MythMusic: double the maximum size of the buffer used with DecodeAudio
- [e8d3630] MythMusic: increase the probe buffer size to 128K
- [7a40e96] MythNews: UTF-8 encode string literal
- [14b636e] MythNews: Fix the menu handling when no sites have been added
- [07441af] Fixes #12878. Use mythtv time, not unixtime to 'activate' a recording
- [2433a93] Fixes #12942 - update flow player to 3.2.18
- [52ff70e] Fixes #12981 - PHP7.1 Use of this is no longer allowed
- [791b172] Fixes #12670 - Ensure fine tune is set and not empty
- [7b469b2] Fixes #12868 - inetref cannot be NULL
- [7eb9145] Fixes #13007 - Handle .m4v as video/mp4
- [9f14a8e] Fixes #13041 - Update mythweb jquery and prototype libraries and use CDN
- [ece58eb] Fixes #12822 - Duplicate programs showing in listings.
- [11ad81e] MythZoneMinder: fix building the server standalone
- [41f4cc7] MythZoneMinder: attempt to fix compilation on Darwin after [11ad81e474]
- [d13161c] MythZoneMinder: try harder to find an analysis frame for an event
- [d787493] MythZoneMinder: prevent a segfault if we fail to find a monitors shared memory
- [2f40d18] MythZoneMinder: avoid string + int when we already converted it to string
- [b886116] MythZoneminder: remove the bogus default text from a few screens
- [be01357] MythZoneminder: center the no events message in the frame image
- [64a1f01] MythZoneMinder: Convert the settings to use MythUI
- [8bb7220] MythZoneMinder: Remove a couple of no longer needed function declarations
Support libraries & Frameworks
- [75e68f5] services: fix Channel/GetChannelInfoList always returning and error
- [08a03c5] Services API: Dvr/GetTitleInfoList was returning Deleted recordings.
-  Services API: Dv/GetUpcomingList: Don't require ShowAll for in-progress but stopped recordings.
- [8f1ab54] Services API: Log more Guide/GetChannelIcon errors
- [a296331] Services API: Add/UpdateRecordSchedule, prevent DB Errors when timestamps aren't passed
- [00532ed] Services API: Add Channel Groups Add To/Remove From
- [194d166] Services API: GetOldRecordedList
- [29e2269] Services API: Fix exception messages
- [e40bc1c] Services API: Fix encoder name of recording
- [ec9afde] Services API: GetProgramList: Implement New listings
- [1247e0f] Services API: Add a couple of methods for Music
- [15d6031] Services API: Allow for blank or empty parameter values in requests
- [359a20a] Services API: Add RecodIdForFilename()
- [38d9ba2] Services API: Add ability to Stop/Reactivate a recording.
- [681a337] Services API: Make the list of parameters available to methods
- [a91bc32] Services API: Add new Video/UpdateVideoMetadata method
- [ab1c3e8] Services API: Add the genre list to the output from Video/GetVideoList
-  HTTP Server: Provide additional CORS support