Release Notes - 0.20
| These are the changes in the current development version of MythTV from the 0.19 release. Currently these features are slated for the 0.20 release. Some of these changes, most notably the fixes, will likely appear in a 0.19.1 release.
Updated through revision 9336
- Menus are now drawn by MythUI using OpenGL. Systems without OpenGL accelleration will probably see a significant performance reduction for now. Users can override this behavior by passing -O UseOpenGLPainter=0 to the frontend or setting this in the database.
- Improved internal DVD player now supporting menus and other missing features
- Added MHEG implementation
- Automatic detection of interlaced/deinterlaced content
- Added preliminary support for EIA-708 close captions
- Added support for using both digital and analog portions of pcHDTV cards and DViCO cards.
- Added new Auto Expiration method to expire by oldest priority and oldest start time. Please see changeset 9038 for more details
- Stereo, CC, and HD indicators in Watch Recordings screen for a recording
- Support audio cards that do not provide MASTER/PCM like M-Audio Revolution 7.1
- Added a --nohousekeeper command-line option to mythbackend to disable the housekeeping thread
- Allow ability to customize command-lines for transcoding and commercial flagging jobs
- Added ability to create a cutpoint close to another cutpoint when editing a recording
- Added Maximum Commercial Skip setting that limits how far a manual commercial skip can jump. Pressing skip a second time for longer jumps will allow the jump to occur.
- Added offline recording status to show when a recording was missed due to all available tuners for that showing being offline
- Individual settings can be overwritten on the command-line when starting mythfrontend. Refer to changeset 9158 for more details.
- Added bookmarking support for LiveTV recordings
- Added support for a null DataDirect source for non-DataDirect inputs like those for use as a manual record source
- Optimized PES packet processing
- Set default log level on status screen to 5 as it is the level that typically shows some information
- New OSD image cache which can improve channel changing times significantly
- New Jump to Program OSD menu replaces Previous Recording jump option. Allows switching between any recorded program from the OSD.
- Improved interface for captioning/subtitles/teletext. See changeset 9291 for complete details.
- New GUIDE keybinding (defaults to S) while watching recordings to bring up the EPG
- New FINDER keybinding (defaults to #) while watching recordings to bring up the Program Finder
- New OSD submenu for the above scheduling options when watching recodings
- New VIEWCARD keybinding (defaults to Y) in Upcoming Recordings to cycle through all scheduled programs on each tuner
- Added TOGGLESTRETCH to OSD menu
- New keybindings for toggling audio sync adjustment and commercial skip modes
- New keybindings for increasing and decreasing the timestretch value
- New OSD option for enable and disabling interlacing
- Fixed program transition while Watching LiveTV
- Fixed playback of remote files so they can be read locally if available
- Fixed JobQueue bug that would allow jobs to run simultaneously when they should have been run sequentially
- Fixed OSD disappearing problem
- Fixed commercial skipping while recording is in progress
- Fixed PVR-350 volume control
- Fixed ATSC close caption decoding
- Commercial detection defaults to All
- Fixed FreeBSD compilation
- Fixed Sparc compilation
- Fixed 64 bit libdir compilation issues
- Fixed crash in experimental Chromakey OSD
- Disable pop-up keyboard on password dialog boxes
- Improved speed in streaming mode
- Improved firewire recording by setting HD ringbuffer size as firewire buffer size
- Fixed group filter popup appearing when no recordings were present in the default group even when this settings was disabled.
- Fixed occasional timeouts with ivtv drivers by reopening device on error
- Xv picture controls options now hidden on systems that do not support Xv, like MacOS
- Fixed segfaults when no inputs were connected to a card
- Fixed missing external channel change command option in setup
- Fixed database timeout and disconnect problem in scheduler
- Fixed viewing of recording groups that begin or end with a space
- Fixes for JOINs in kPeopleSearch and kPowerSearch with MySQL > 5.0.12
- Preserve manual audio sync adjustments when using Fast-Forward and Rewind
- Fixed TOGGLECC action from OSD menu
- Fixed NTSC close captioning on saa7134 chips
- Fixed Xv color change on XvMC
- Fixed GCC 4.1 compilation
- Fixed frequency tables which should provide faster channel scans for ATSC QAM
- Fixed discrepency between dvbscan and mythtv wrt channels.conf for QPSK modulated signals.
- Added beginnings of firewire capture support
- Support for DVB radio channels and guide data collected via EIT for them
- Added support for Twinhan Cab-CI
- Added support for DVB encoded VBI streams in MPEG streams
- Added DVB Teletext decoder using T keybinding. Pressing F2-F6 selects colored menus and F12 reveals hidden text.
- Improved DVB event parsing performance
- Removed broken dvb_hw_decoder
- Allow each stream to use multiple Conditional Access methods (Australia)
- Added support for Dish Networks DiSEqC switch
- Faster decoding of ATSC EIT tables
- Support for Dish Network EIT information
- Fixed UK EIT parsing and properly detect subtitles
- Fixed EIT updating on second DVB card
- Allow updated EIT data to overwrite existing information
- Improved EIT event parsing by checking signatures of processed events to avoid repeat processing
- Fixed Austar EIT incorrect subtitles
- key command accepts multiple inputs like "key up up enter"
- new "QUERY recording CHANID STARTIME" to list information about a single recording
- Fix for KDE 3.5 headers
- Fixed segfault on startup on frontend only systems
- Faster ISO creation
- Significant performance improvements in building the music tree
- Fixed jumppoints out of visualizations
- Better LCD organization
- Fixed jumppoints in video gallery when not at the root level
- Fix the INCPARENT and DECPARENT keybindings in MythVideo's video list/tree mode
- Fixed radar images by parsing number of images from source site instead of assuming 6 are available
- Fixed forecast showing wrong day information
- Remote tuners display details of their activities on the status page instead of just "recording"
- Various small fixes for MythWeb, including an addendum to the README about AllowOverride settings.
- New grey skin
- Fixed some programs, mostly EIT inserted information, always showing as previously recorded
- Fixed upcoming recordings page hiding in progress recordings when deactivated shows were filtered
- Fixed bad link in TV detail page
- Fixed creation of overrides for custom recorded programs
- Fixed backend log display not showing newest entry
- Fixed music module not showing icons for other modules
- Fixed single record rules allowing overrides
- Sorted titles exclude definite/indefinite articles (The, A, An)
- Fixed script for new file name convention
- Added --answer feature for passing in answers to title and description questions
- Added --getskiplist to print out the commercial skip list, useful for making .edl files for mplayer
- Improved speed during near real-time commercial detection
- Improved realtime commercial flagging by trying to stay 7 seconds behind recordings instead of 120
- Fixed --all --queue command-line option to queue up commercial skip jobs for all programs
- Parse the -O/--override-setting option
- Don't bail out of mythfilldatabase when we fail to retrieve some data. This causes issues for people who have multiple sources and an error occurs with one source. The scheduler would not get triggered and other data fixups would not occur because mythfilldatabase would exit if we had any errors at all.
- Parse the -O/--override-setting option
- mythshutdown will now only reboot when the 'nvram-wakeup Restart Command' has been set. If you don't
want or require a reboot after setting the next wake up time in the bios leave this setting blank.
- Added --dvd command-line option for inserting DVD NAV packets into stream
- Improved verbose output by printing cutlist on a single line for MPEG-2 to MPEG-4 transcoding
- Allow the -s/--starttime command line option to take the date in either YYYYMMDDHHMMSS or YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SS format.
- Take cutlist into account when computing percent complete during MPEG-2 to MPEG-4 transcoding
- Fixed to work on systems without soundcard.h
Fix problem reported by Thomas Boerkel with mpeg2<->mpeg2 transcoding. The problem was that if a cutpoint ends on one of the 1st B frames in a sequence header, then mythtranscode would not place a sequence header at the cutpoint, causing an invalid stream.
- Parse the -O/--override-setting option