Release Notes - 29
From MythTV Official Wiki
Revision as of 19:49, 28 July 2017 by Pgbennett (Moved settings changes to mythtv-setup, added more commits to the list)
Key New Features
Added support libraries/prerequisites
Removed support libraries/prerequisites
Special Notices & Instructions
- 45b8725 MythFrontend: Allow playback of streamed https:// files
- 119d733 Fixes #12960 - Remote idle frontend wakes backend if WOL is set
- 4dc5ef3 Fix database WOL settings being lost if you connect via UPNP.
- e2cb383 Fix occasional segfault when canceling startup page.
- d13bce6 Add a SEARCH button to the MythTV Startup window
- 3db436f Prevent segfault when OpenGL is set on remote X11 session.
- e9daa4e Fix frontend failure when using QT painter with OpenGL video
- 03b9b4e Minor fixes for MythTV Startup Page.
- 0a46103 Fix UPNP for selecting backend when there is a PIN set
- ef7e594 Fix UPNP detection of backends to ignore link-local IPV6 addresses
- f5bb7fd Change the new MythTV startup screen to handle UPNP locating of backend.
- 37c172e Add a new MythTV startup page.
- 7723e5e Fix for wrong theme version being downloaded
- 4460309 Change default theme to MythCenter and improve MythCenter.
Key Bindings, Jump Points, and Input Devices
- 37ef0fa Python: Fix bookmarkupdate error
- ce1935b Python: Restore chanId/startTime API for recordings
Guide Data, EIT, Program Info, and Media Metadata
- 5933e03 mythfilldatabase: Also try matching ATSC major.minor when update xmltvid.
- d58a00e mythfilldatabase: Handle duplicate programratings. Fixes #12914
- 6865940 EIT: Refs #12548. Add several more multiplexes
- 7388b5a Fix bugs that occur when using a different video mode for playback.
- f5fb29d Fixes #12586 - Jump Points not working when a MythNotification is displayed.
- ae81146 Fix stream change handling in playback
- 4920cb2 Add "Watch This Channel" to guide select menu when appropriate.
- 121b636 Fix for 3db436f "Prevent segfault when OpenGL is set on remote X11 session." preventing OS X playback.
Disc Playback (DVD, Blu-Ray, etc) and Media Detection
OSD, EPG, MHEG, CC, and Subtitles
- 79844ba Add IPv6 UPNP support
- 8b5e507 Disable MythTV IPv6 use for systems that do not have IPv6 support.
- ed3b8d4 Frontend reset socket connections after resuming from suspend
- f96871d Removed checks for QT_NO_IPV6.
- e6f11ce Networking improvements
- d8e5e0f Support ipv6 link-local addresses for soap client.
- 82d36c7 Support for IPV6 link-local addresses.
Scanning and Tuner/Recorder Support
- 24064ac Channel Scanner GUI: Add percentage text back in.
- b565941 IPTV Tuner: fix recording/playing simultaneous RTSP streams
- 2a0fda6 ExternalStreamHandler: Don't issue XOFF unless we are not keeping up with the data. It was unnecessarily throttling the throughput.
- 2a66730 ExternalStreamHandler: Under stress, the external application may not respond as quick as we would like. Give it a few tries before aborting.
- fc9c6d4 ExternalStreamHandler: Try and be a little more tolerant of slightly misbehaving external recorders. Cleanup better when things go wrong.
- 74230a2 VBox: Relax the firmware version check to allow for VJ.x.xx versions
- 0bfcd20 VBOX: don't ignore channels using T2/S2 if the tuner can handle them
- 46ffbdf VBOX: fix the channel scanner always saying it found no channels
- bb5daa9 VBOX: bump the minimum firmware version to 2.50
- d4c0f13 VBOX: Add multi-record support to the vbox recorder
- 90249b4 VBOX: Prevent "VBox: Found possible VBox at Ceton InfiniTV Ethernet"
Other Hardware "Support"
- 27d348f Webfrontend: update Content Security Policy with latest changes.
- 21a652e Scheduler: For consistency, put  around card_id in log messages.
- 30d8a96 Fix refresh all in mythfilldatabase
- 499e541 Fixes #13015 - mythfilldatabase leap-second problem.
- ee7052f New feature for mythfilldatabase to optionally not use allatonce.
Setup / mythtv-setup
- 071dd75 Settings: Port the playback profile editor to MythUI
- 0a52dfd Settings: Fix incorrect signal/slot connection
- 0f9df2a Settings: Don't display hidden settings
- 11008ca Settings: Add setVisible and clearTargetedSettings methods
- 15776b1 Settings: Allow individual video sources to be deleted through the menu
- 1728e4f Settings: Fix some settings being incorrectly marked as changed
- 174b8bf Settings: Add setValue(int) variant
- 19c2983 Settings: Add a method to add several targeted settings
- 2052b11 Settings: Start converting capture card settings to MythUI
- 2323c5f Settings: Add method to remove a child
- 2d452a2 Settings: Port the storage group editor to MythUI
- 33ab614 Settings: Port most of the frontend settings to MythUI
- 3804276 Settings: Make sure the current value is displayed in combo boxes
- 3af397f Settings: Remove TODO comment
- 400f4a2 Settings: Add support for deleting playback groups
- 444c40a Settings: Rename the playback group class to minimize translation impact
- 4b2ca8c Settings: Convert the DiSEqC settings to MythUI
- 4c43727 Settings: API updates
- 5054902 Settings: Make signal/slot connections work by moving the objects to the main thread
- 59e3e7b Settings: Remove inheritance to TriggeredConfigurationGroup for some classes
- 5f6f1c1 Settings: Port the channel editor to MythUI
- 6375cd4 Settings: Port the channel scanner to MythUI
- 7494225 Settings: Remove a no longer relevant comment
- 7501ec4 Settings: Avoid marking the screen refresh rate as changed
- 75e6dd0 Settings: Port the recording & transcoder profiles to MythUI
- 8a712a6 Settings: Remove settings.h from standardsettings.h
- 90222be Settings: Fix compilation when debug is enabled
- 950d116 Settings: Tweak the default theme
- 957c154 Settings: Port the Mac settings to MythUI
- 9d80fe7 Settings: Remove use of deprecated qVariantValue
- b139c82 Settings: Add methods to MythUIComboBoxSetting
- b8d9595 Settings: Port the backend settings in mythtv-setup to MythUI
- ba64332 Settings: Add new settings classes using MythUI
- bdeed99 Settings: Add method to delete a targeted child
- c809f49 Settings: Rework how settings are loaded and saved
- c86d1fe Settings: Only emit valueChanged if the value was actually changed
- cf753f5 Settings: Add legacy setName/byName interface
- da28762 Settings: Move the new playback group editor to libmythtv
- e3f957f Settings: Avoid marking the audio device as changed
- e673108 Settings: Port the creation of input groups to MythUI
- ea41315 Settings: Don't hardcode fallback strings for the help & title text areas
- eaa5316 Settings: Port the transport editor to MythUI
- ec642bb Settings: Port MythTerminal to MythUI
- efbf982 Settings: Remove MythUIComboBoxSetting inheritance from MythUISpinBoxSetting
- f0c69c7 Settings: Add support for hiding passwords in text entries
- f488b25 Settings: Fix settings incorrectly being marked as changed
- bccb8c9 Add missing terminal window to theme.
- c80482f Fix missing support for allow_single_step in spin boxes.
- 7a1ab50 Fix transport editor segfault and implement adding a transport
- b543220 Fix channel scan overlapping controls.
- f4f98f9 Eliminate extra page in capture card setup.
- 7d2be78 Fixes for MythUI settings
- 5cd39f1 More Fixes for incorrect save prompt in General Setup
- 6869ba6 Fix incorrect save prompt in General Setup
- 420a1ea Fixes for MythUI settings
- eba33b5 Fix backend setup when specific IPv4 and IPv6 addresses are used.
- 65f9928 Fix Channel editor missing setting
- 1925478 MythUI: Allow functions as slots in MythMenu and ShowOkPopup
- 495eb20 MythUI: Add a spinbox dialog
- d9f88c9 MythUIButtonList: Skip disabled buttons when moving around
- 254aa41 MythArchive: Convert the settings to use MythUI
- 9572352 MythArchive: update the initial seek amount text on the thumb image finder
- abb2250 MythArchive: guard against an empty deleteMap in the thumb image finder
- f2182a7 Gallery: Convert the settings to use MythUI
- 336193d Gallery: Change crumb separator
- 4e70774 Gallery: Add keybinding to set covers
- 75a698e Gallery: Add status delay
- 94e13f9 Gallery: Preserve aspect of folder thumbnails
- c327f81 Gallery: Don't show folder dates in caption
- c41c6e7 Gallery: Add slideshow jump forward/back
- e7b50cd Gallery: Add European caption date formats
- ed7473f Gallery: Reset theme widgets correctly
- 2b3ecd7 MythGame: Partially convert the settings to use MythUI
- 258ba1f musicscanner: Compare music_directory.path as binary
- 1b6308a mythmusic: remove defunct lyrdb lyrics grabber
- 2008672 mythmusic: fix the genius lyrics grabber
- 2cfbfa4 mythmusic: add a LetsSingIt lyrics grabber
- 6df9ccd mythmusic: fix the lyricswiki lyrics grabber
- 853c9bd mythmusic: various tweaks to the lyrics grabbers
- 9156dfb mythmusic: add new Lyrics.Com lyrics grabber
- d22cd8f mythmusic: add alsong lyrics grabber
- 783d36a MythMusic: double the maximum size of the buffer used with DecodeAudio
- e8d3630 MythMusic: increase the probe buffer size to 128K
- 7a40e96 MythNews: UTF-8 encode string literal
- 14b636e MythNews: Fix the menu handling when no sites have been added
- 07441af Fixes #12878. Use mythtv time, not unixtime to 'activate' a recording
- 2433a93 Fixes #12942 - update flow player to 3.2.18
- 52ff70e Fixes #12981 - PHP7.1 Use of this is no longer allowed
- 791b172 Fixes #12670 - Ensure fine tune is set and not empty
- 7b469b2 Fixes #12868 - inetref cannot be NULL
- 7eb9145 Fixes #13007 - Handle .m4v as video/mp4
- 9f14a8e Fixes #13041 - Update mythweb jquery and prototype libraries and use CDN
- ece58eb Fixes #12822 - Duplicate programs showing in listings.
- 11ad81e MythZoneMinder: fix building the server standalone
- 41f4cc7 MythZoneMinder: attempt to fix compilation on Darwin after [11ad81e474]
- d13161c MythZoneMinder: try harder to find an analysis frame for an event
- d787493 MythZoneMinder: prevent a segfault if we fail to find a monitors shared memory
- 2f40d18 MythZoneMinder: avoid string + int when we already converted it to string
- b886116 MythZoneminder: remove the bogus default text from a few screens
- be01357 MythZoneminder: center the no events message in the frame image
- 64a1f01 MythZoneMinder: Convert the settings to use MythUI
- 8bb7220 MythZoneMinder: Remove a couple of no longer needed function declarations
Support libraries & Frameworks
- 75e68f5 services: fix Channel/GetChannelInfoList always returning and error
- 08a03c5 Services API: Dvr/GetTitleInfoList was returning Deleted recordings.
- 6061920 Services API: Dv/GetUpcomingList: Don't require ShowAll for in-progress but stopped recordings.
- 8f1ab54 Services API: Log more Guide/GetChannelIcon errors
- a296331 Services API: Add/UpdateRecordSchedule, prevent DB Errors when timestamps aren't passed
- 00532ed Services API: Add Channel Groups Add To/Remove From
- 194d166 Services API: GetOldRecordedList
- 29e2269 Services API: Fix exception messages
- e40bc1c Services API: Fix encoder name of recording
- ec9afde Services API: GetProgramList: Implement New listings
- 1247e0f Services API: add a couple of methods for Music
- 15d6031 Services API: allow for blank or empty parameter values in requests
- 359a20a Services API: Add RecodIdForFilename()
- 38d9ba2 Services API: Add ability to Stop/Reactivate a recording.
- 4298254 Services API: remove a stray ; added to the genre query in ab1c3e8668
- 681a337 Services API: make the list of parameters available to methods
- a275357 Services API: missed a last minute change in ab1c3e8668
- a91bc32 Services API: add new Video/UpdateVideoMetadata method
- ab1c3e8 Services API: add the genre list to the output from Video/GetVideoList
- 4453e98 HTTP Server: Change HOST_NAME_MAX to 1024 for some buildbots
- 5292483 HTTP Server: Provide additional CORS support