Difference between revisions of "Silicondust HDHomeRun Plus"
m (→Transcoding Profiles)
|Line 48:||Line 48:|
! Resolution/frame rate
! Resolution/frame rate
! Resulting file size (for typical content)
! Resulting file size (for typical content )
Revision as of 17:21, 14 July 2014
Networked, dual-tuner for North American broadcast and cable TV including hardware to transcode to mobile-device-friendly formats. See Silicondust_HDHomeRun for other models available.
Specifications per Silicondust
HDTC-2US – Two Digital Tuners, Anywhere on Your Network
- Converts video to H.264 AVC for more efficient streaming and better playback support on portable devices.
- Receive up to full 1080 video. (where available)
- Expand the number of tuners with multiple HDHomeRun devices.
- Watch, pause, and record TV on your PC using PVR software.
- ATSC digital TV (antenna)
- Unencrypted digital cable TV (Clear QAM)
- DLNA/UPnP compatible hardware/software:
- Smart TVs.
- Blu-ray Players / Media Players.
- VLC, XBMC, Plex
- Game Consoles.
- Windows Media Center (7/8)
- Android devices
- iOS devices
- MPEG2 and MPEG4/H.264 AVC, SD and HD channels.
- 2 tuners – receive 2 channels at once.
- Hardware conversion to H.264 AVC.
- 100baseTX high speed network.
- 1 year warranty
- Antenna suitable for reception of digital TV or cable TV with unencrypted digital channels.
- Home network.
- PC-based playback requires compatible PC
|Profile||Resolution/frame rate||Resulting file size (for typical content broadcast in MPEG-2)|
|Heavy||Same as source||~50% of original size|
|Mobile||max 720p30||~25% of original size|
|Internet480||max 480p30||~12.5% of original size|
Setting the Default Transcode Profile
Navigate to the web page for your HDHomeRun Plus. On Mac/Linux, open a terminal window and run: hdhomerun_config discover This will display the device ID and IP address for your HDHomeRun; enter that IP address into your web browser. Click on Transcode Configuration. Select the preferred Default Transcode Configuration
Currently, there is no specific support for the HDHomeRun Plus in MythTV but it will function similar to an HDHomeRun Dual. (See the configuration instructions for that device.) The exception is multirec if you configure the HDHomeRun Plus to enable transcoding. Since the HDHomeRun Plus is only capable of transcoding one stream per tuner, MythTV can only record one (1) program from a stream. Thus you must set the number of virtual tuners to 1 for an HDHomeRun Plus if you configure the device to transcode.