Sleep timer specification
Mythtv currently has a sleep timer within LiveTV (Internal player?) which will automatically close livetv and return to the main menu.
This is a specification for a more full-featured, frontend-wide sleep timer.
- Sleep action should be configurable. For example, user may want to exit to main menu or shutdown the machine. Should probably fall back to main menu if other commands fail.
- Sleep function should be available from all plugins.
- Function activateSleepTimer(int timeout:seconds).
- Function to get time intervals (eg. 15mins,30mins etc).
- Configuration option to set command. If blank will fall back to default and exit to main menu.
- Mythshutdown -x would be ideal as the default command to execute here.
Sleep Timer triggered ->
Execute command if set ->
- - If result is true then DONE.
- - If result is false then exit to main menu. DONE