Talk:MythTV on Mac OS X
Firewire and Rosetta
In the gotchas section, there is a bit about fixing Firewire problems with Rosetta
- is this even necessary any more?
- will it even work on 10.7?
Somebody using Firewire please comment. Brianboonstra 15:39, 31 March 2012 (UTC)
I do not recommend the prefPane startup because it depends on the user account. I have edited the page to include that method alongside the server-style method, however.Brianboonstra 21:46, 30 March 2012 (UTC)
GPU Acceleration Done
Need OSX Lion
We need somebody to run through this whole recipe and make sure it all works on OSX Lion.Brianboonstra 19:51, 19 September 2011 (UTC)
I just got a Mac Mini 2011 with Lion on it. I'll be trying a install of this over the weekend. synapseattack 15:32, 19, January 2012
Verified last night -- it all works. Brianboonstra 12:37, 13 April 2012 (UTC)
Any word on HD PVR support? Right now, this is the only thing preventing me from moving my backend onto my Mac FE. justinkim 23:40, 25 Junel 2012 (UTC)
- I got it working by creating a Mythbuntu virtual machine with VirtualBox running on the Mac. --Doconnor 15:09, 24 October 2013 (UTC)
MythTV on Mavericks
I installed Mavericks and I can no longer connect to the mythbackend except by a mythfrontend running on the same machine.
MythWeb gives the error "Unable to connect to the master backend at 10.0.0.10:6543"
A slave backend running on a Linux VirtualBox hosted by the Mac can't connect.
A frondend running on another Mac can't connect to mythbackend, although it seems to connect to mysql.
My webserver and mysql server are running fine.
However the mythfrondend running on the same machine is connecting fine.
My mythtv is installed via macports. It is 0.26, but not the latest version. I will update when macports is working properly under Mavericks, which they say should be in a few days.
--Doconnor 15:07, 24 October 2013 (UTC)
- It is much easier to provide support via either the MacPorts-users or Mythtv-users mailing lists. At a guess, it sounds like the mythconverg database in MySQL is not set up to allow access from any other address. --Pvr4me 19:47, 24 October 2013 (UTC)
- I updated MacPorts and tried to install the latest mythtv, but it failed because llvm 3.2 isn't supported on Mavericks and and mythtv doesn't accept llvm 3.3. Nevertheless, next time I rebooted the connection problem went away. Maybe enough got installed when I tried to update mythtv it fixed the problem or it one of those things that comes and goes. --Doconnor 16:27, 29 October 2013 (UTC)