Talk:MythUI Theme Development
From MythTV Official Wiki
Revision as of 08:15, 15 April 2009 by Managementboy
dont't we need a menu-ui.xml aditionally to base.xml? --Managementboy 13:39, 14 April 2009 (UTC)
- This documentation isn't done. That's not the only required file that hasn't been documented yet. Iamlindoro 15:52, 14 April 2009 (UTC)
What are and how to use:
- Textarea: draworder
- Draworder is not used in MythUI. Order is defined by definition order of widgets in the XML. Iamlindoro 15:52, 14 April 2009 (UTC)
- What are all the possible Mythfilled text types, aside from title, subtitle
- There are hundreds of these. As mentioned on this page, the name attributes are set by the code of the screen you're on. As you will see in each xml file's documentation, the filled text areas, images, etc. are documented. Iamlindoro 15:52, 14 April 2009 (UTC)
- I think I did not write my question correctly. Each screen has a bunch of data that could be displayed, like the title, subtitle, screen shot, description, date, time and I guess a lot more. I tried looking for a comprehensive list of what "variables" each screen provides, but did not find them. I think it would be really helpful to document these here, lets say each screen with a title and a brief description of what can be done there and what variables should be used. I'll help doing it. I also found out yesterday that one can "fuse" the variables by writing them together into the XML tag, like "titlesubtitle" will then be "LOST - Episode 1" (I used the common Wikipedia formatting, hope you don't mind) --Managementboy 07:54, 15 April 2009 (UTC)
- <position>60,y</position>, what does the "y" stand for (or is it just an unfinished theme? or is it a flexible thing?)?
- <value>%|"SUBTITLE|"% %STARS% %DESCRIPTION%</value> : Can I use these variables in any textarea, or just in one with the name "description"? I assume that | means that " will be printed not parsed? Are there more variables that can be used setting the percent sign?