UPnP Client Info
MythTV can act as a UPnP server, allowing compatibility with many media client devices. This page is intended to provide detailed information on the various UPnP clients available and how they work with MythTV.
UPnP client attributes
Any information about UPnP clients is helpful. Some common questions are listed below:
- Hardware support: SD or HD Video, Digital Audio output, Interfaces supported (Composite, S-Video, Component, VGA, SCART, HDMI, DVI). Wired Ethernet (100Mb/1Gb), Wireless Ethernet (a/b/g/n).
- Video Playback Features: How is the quality of video playback (smooth video, any stuttering, audio sync)?, Does it support FF/REW (speed options?), 30 Second Skip, Bookmarking?
- Compatibility: Does the device support SD/HD MPEG2 video from MythTV? Does it support SD/HD H.264 video? Does it play music from MythTV (0.21+)? Does it display photo galleries from MythTV (0.21+)?
- MythTV Interaction: Quality of menu interface for accessing MythTV data (response time, usable menus, options to customize?).
- Non-Myth Features: Support DVD/VOB streaming?, Work with Photoshop Album/iPhoto/etc?, Work with iTunes/Windows Media?
- Screenshots of client working with MythTV, Screencasts of usage (link to screencast).
UPnP Device Reports
- IO-Data LinkPlayer2
- D-Link DSM-520
- Galaxy 3500 IPTV
Chip Set: Sigma Designs 8621L (contains ARM core)
This box will find UPnP servers including MythTV with out any configuration. It will play back 480i 720p & 1080i recorded on an ATSC equipped MythTV box. It will play back on an NTSC set using composite or S-Video, or an HD set using component video. There is no digital video output. Audio is either 2 channel analog or optical SPDIF. It is expected this box will play audio files offered by MythTV's UPnP server. However, currently, the UPnP audio fix in only in the SVN version of MythTV.
- Netgear MP101
This box is only an audio music client. It sees the MythTV UPnP audio server. However, currently, the UPnP audio fix is only in the SVN version of MythTV.