unity-scope-guide-mythtv is a scope for Unity that allows searching and scheduling of MythTV content from the Unity interface. It is developed by the Mythbuntu team. Support of this is available via the IRC chatroom on #ubuntu-mythtv on Libera Chat - irc://irc.libera.chat/#ubuntu-mythtv or the Mythbuntu mailing list
A MythTV backend that has the services API (0.25+) Ubuntu 12.04 or newer running Unity (12.10 or newer required for "Unity Previews")
The latest code (as well as revision history) can be found at https://code.launchpad.net/~mythbuntu/mythbuntu/unity-scope-guide-mythtv
- There is currently no lens specifically for it (nor a DVR lens), so it piggybacks on the videos lens
- Can schedule a single recording or a series recordings
- Single recording is (record this episode at this time on this channel)
- Series recording is (record this show at any time on any channel)
- Add the Mythbuntu Updates PPA "sudo apt-add-repository ppa:mythbuntu/testing"
- "sudo apt-get update"
- "sudo apt-get install unity-scope-guide-mythtv
- Logout and back in and you should be able to search via the videos lens
The configuration file that gets created is located at ~/.mythtv-scope-location.conf and looks like this
location = http://BACKENDIP:6544
mythprotocolport = 6543