unity-scope-mythtv is a scope for Unity that allows searching and playback of MythTV content from the Unity interface. It is developed by the Mythbuntu team. Support of this frontend is available via the IRC chatroom on freenode ( #ubuntu-mythtv ) or the Mythbuntu mailing list
A MythTV backend that has the services API (0.25+) Ubuntu 12.04 or newer running Unity (12.10 or newer required for "Unity Previews")
The latest code (as well as revision history) can be found at https://code.launchpad.net/~mythbuntu/mythbuntu/unity-scope-mythtv
- Unity filtering available (can filter to just MythTV TV Show or Video content)
- Shows play back in mythavtest (if that isn't installed, uses default video player)
- If using mythavtest, commercial skipping is available
- Uses coverart as icon
- Can playback recordings or content from MythVideo
- Searches Title, SubTitle, and Description fields
- Add the Mythbuntu Updates PPA "sudo apt-add-repository ppa:mythbuntu/testing"
- "sudo apt-get update"
- "sudo apt-get install unity-scope-mythtv
- Logout and back in and you should be able to search via the videos lens
The configuration file that gets created is located at ~/.mythtv-scope-location.conf and looks like this
location = http://BACKENDIP:6544
mythprotocolport = 6543