Dave's MythTV Page
I'm currently in the process of trying to decide what to do MythTV wise.
My current setup is a Comcast Dual HD Tuner DVR. And, I like my Digital Channels (like HBO, etc) in HD. Unfortunately, it looks like I may not be able to keep those. For now, this is just going to be an experiment. I'd like to completely remove the DVR . . . we'll see how it goes.
The biggest question is whether or not the pcHDTV will capture HDTV over the S-Video port. If it will -- then we're in good shape -- The DVR will be toast, replaced by one or two regular HDTV set top boxes.
Starting out System (Total ~200 for now)
- Combo Frontend / Backend
- Probably a regular PC case.
- Alongside my Comcast DVR (stupid DMCA)
- Single HD-5500 ($129)
- Something to do IR for a remote ($?)
- Decent Video Card for display ($70)
- Backend in Basement (probably on existing file server)
- Multiple HD & non-HD tuner cards. I'm thinking a few pcHDTV HD-5500's
- Some way to get encrypted HD (possibly S-Video input from Comcast STB)
- Possibly buy some disks to turn second rack-mount file server into a dedicated MythTV backend, but that costs cha-ching
- Front End in Living Room
- DVD Writer
- Really nice case w/nice LCD
- Front End in Bed Room
- DVD Player (not writer)
More coming soon -- Codemonkey 21:53, 12 April 2007 (UTC)