Hi, I'm Daniel Ellis from Kent in the UK.
My MythTV system consists of the following hardware:-
- Antec Fusion Remote Veris Black
- Antec 380W EarthWatts Green PSU
- Gigabyte GA-MA78LMT-US2H Motherboard (Hardware rev 3.5, BIOS version F9)
- AMD Phenom II X4 840 Socket AM3 3.2GHz CPU
- Corsair 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz XMS3 Memory
- Western Digital WD20EARS 2TB Hard Drive SATAII 64MB Cache
- Asus GT 430 1GB DDR3 DVI VGA HDMI Out PCI-E Graphics Card
- LiteOn iHOS104 4x BD-ROM SATA Blu-Ray Drive
- Xenta Wireless Keyboard
- KWorld PC1602T Dual DVB Tuner
- Ubuntu 11.10
- MythTV 0.25
Favourite theme is Blue Abstract
What works without issues
- Watching TV
- Scheduling recordings
- Watching recordings
Video parental controls in are broken in 0.25, see bug #10388Fixed in 0.25-fixes
- Ubuntu 11.04 and 11.10 sometimes hang when shutting down, leaving the machine on after recordings. See https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lirc/+bug/824369 This is due to lirc freezing, for now I have resolved this issue by removing lirc from the shutdown process, which has zero negative affects and fixes the issue. The underlying issue is still to be determined.
- After shutdown the Veris remote fails to power on the machine. (this seems to be related to the above issue, as my workaround for that appears to have fixed this!)
- The TV tuner (KWorld PC1602T) does not work after a system reboot. It only works after a power cycle. I have not tried the card resuming from suspend yet.
- MythMusic does not work from remote frontends. It only works from a local filesystem or using NFS shares. Someone needs to update MythMusic to use the new streaming framework that MythTV uses.
- I haven't managed to find a way to play blu-rays yet (I get the impression it may not be possible at this time, maybe purchasing the blu-ray drive was a bit of a waste)
Nice to haves
- I would like a way to change exit prompt so that Yes is selected as default. Other people wanting to do the same at http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/305727 but no answer yet.
(This list of issues is kept to assist others searching for the same issues)
- LCD backlight remains on after shutdown.
This issue is fixed on Ubuntu 11.10, I don't know what changed, or even what was causing the issue!