My current rig came from newegg for about $600
- Zotac Mini-ITX motherboard with NVIDIA GeForce 9000 and HDMI out (GF9300-K-E)
- Intel Pentium dual-core 3.2 GHz CPU (E6700 Wolfdale)
- 4 GB (2 x 2GB) RAM
- 2 TB Hitachi Deskstar hard drive (HDS722020ALA330)
- Micro ATX case, power supply, fan
- Hauppauge dual TV tuner (WinTV-HVR-2250)
The system is running ubuntu.
I haven't gotten the remote on the 2250 working. I was using a corded keyboard for a while, which was a pain. I've since enabled the Frontend control socket and I'm using the mythmote app on my Android phone as a remote.